The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Having only read the results and seen the video of them crying while being interviewed, why did they break the IIconics up? Was there some kind of build that they had to break up if they lost? Seems stupid. They’re much better off being kept as a team.

Speaking of teams and splitting, I saw a video at the weekend where Bryan Alvarez said wwe were teasing as many as 5 times breaking up last week. I know they were teasing Cesaro and Nakamura, but that’s madness if true.  

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Having only read the results and seen the video of them crying while being interviewed, why did they break the IIconics up? Was there some kind of build that they had to break up if they lost? Seems stupid. They’re much better off being kept as a team.

Read that they want to push Peyton Royce as a single but no idea if that's come from a valid source.

24 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

It was the match stipulation.  Winners get a title shot, losers have to break up, but I don't know where the stipulation came from as I only watched the highlights.  They were originally upset about the loss and breakup, but then Peyton threw Billie into Jessamyn Duke, so most likely blames her for losing the match and they'll probably end up feuding.

• Paid Members

I hope they find a role for Billie Kay and she doesn’t just fade until obscurity. For as shit as she is in the ring she’s fantastic on the mic. Easily one of the more naturally funny performers they’ve got. There’s a real Santino energy about her.

I know it’s the complete opposite of what they’re looking for but if they replaced all those faceless backstage interviewers with Billie Kay and let her show some personality, bounce off the other characters and act a bit daft, it’d benefit the show massively.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Duke said:

Yeah, and let’s get Farooq involved while we’re at it. 

Only if he brings back the war bonnet.

Not a bad Raw all in. I did think the stuff with the Hurt Business is interesting. The Payton/Billie match felt sloppy and the create a wrestler music sucked. I still can't work out if Underground is good or the worst. Retribution have a logo, designed by Neil Buchannan/Banksy, but still utterly pointless. Awful finish to the 8 man tag. Not sure who is to blame. And what was with that weird ending? Is Buddy Murphy now going to slip back down the card? Just seemed to end with him getting smacked with sticks. Odd.

• Paid Members

The ending seemed to be a bit of a blind panic in that 8 man that Ivar was obviously freaking out and in serious trouble and the ref just wanted to get the match over and done with. Can easily explain it as "MVP paid him off" or something if they have too. 

Luckily WWE released a statement saying they expect him to make a full recovery but when you read the word cervical injury and look at how his head almost compressed on impact, it is understandable how worried people are when he started to lose movement. 

• Paid Members

Must be soul-destroying for Billie Kay to be in a weak tag team forever, only to be forced to break up, lose a throwaway match a week later and have commentary go “this is a great start to the singles career of Peyton Royce”. Could they make it any more obvious her career is now dead?

29 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Must be soul-destroying for Billie Kay to be in a weak tag team forever, only to be forced to break up, lose a throwaway match a week later and have commentary go “this is a great start to the singles career of Peyton Royce”. Could they make it any more obvious her career is now dead?

Yeah, they could throw her into a pseudo-MMA environment and have her get knocked out with a single strike. Oh wait...

• Paid Members

They've always somewhat alluded to the fact that Royce was the better in ring though, based off who does most the work in matches and stuff. It's always been that Kay is just so naturally charasmatic that they've been able to be as successful as they are based off her being able to get a reaction. 

I'd be more concerned for Royce that she may struggle to show much of a personality to set her apart. Kay as previously mentioned could be great doing some backstage stuff, taking over on some of the panel shows now Renee has gone too. 

Peyton's never had too much about her. That's why they worked so well as a team. They covered for each others weaknesses to make it a success together.

Peyton looks good but she's never had enough in the ring for anyone to really care. At least Billie was funny. I think it's pretty much doom and gloom for both of them now unfortunately.