Paid Members Supremo Posted September 8, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 8, 2020 (edited) Exactly my point. He looks like he’s still in school! A literal babyface. Edited September 8, 2020 by Supremo Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted September 8, 2020 Posted September 8, 2020 I know Rey has had a big part to play in it but Dominick has really taken to being in the ring like a duck to water, haven't been so impressed with a 3rd Gen star in years, would bank on him dropping down into NXT for a spell going up against the likes of Drake, Escobar and Scott in the Cruiserweight title picture within the next year Quote
Wrasslin Posted September 9, 2020 Posted September 9, 2020 11 hours ago, Supremo said: Exactly my point. He looks like he’s still in school! A literal babyface. I think they trademarked Prince Mysterio? Have to imagine Rey is going to give him a mask at some point and they’ll run with that. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2020 6 minutes ago, Wrasslin said: I think they trademarked Prince Mysterio? Have to imagine Rey is going to give him a mask at some point and they’ll run with that. I know Rey owns the name Principe Mysterio/Misterio, but I imagine that's more to keep safe in case Dominic ends up working outside of WWE. I do think we'll see him inherit the mask at some point, though. Do we know who - other than Rey - has had a hand in training him? There are some lucha libre touches to his work that aren't even evident in Rey's work any more. Quote
Merzbow Posted September 9, 2020 Posted September 9, 2020 (edited) 18 minutes ago, BomberPat said: I know Rey owns the name Principe Mysterio/Misterio, but I imagine that's more to keep safe in case Dominic ends up working outside of WWE. I do think we'll see him inherit the mask at some point, though. Do we know who - other than Rey - has had a hand in training him? There are some lucha libre touches to his work that aren't even evident in Rey's work any more. According to his Wiki it was Konnan, Lance Storm and Jay Lethal. He's been training with Konnan as far back as 2017, too. So he's definitely had a bit of time with the lucha style. Edited September 9, 2020 by Merzbow Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2020 if he was trained by Konnan, it's even more impressive how well he moves, then! I do vaguely remember hearing he was spending time at Storm's school now that you mention it. Quote
Merzbow Posted September 9, 2020 Posted September 9, 2020 Ha! Yeah I imagine he was surrounded by a lot of guys that can actually leave their feet, unlike Carlos. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted September 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2020 I can’t believe I ever thought Dominik should turn heel on Rey. What an idiot I was. They should have a two year run as the best babyface Tag Team Champions of all time. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2020 13 minutes ago, Supremo said: I can’t believe I ever thought Dominik should turn heel on Rey. What an idiot I was. They should have a two year run as the best babyface Tag Team Champions of all time. Using WWE logic, I think we all thought that would be the case so don't feel silly. But I agree, push him to the moon Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted September 9, 2020 Paid Members Posted September 9, 2020 (edited) 15 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: He’s only got 8 months or so to do it, Dominik is 23 already. And it could still realistically happen. If Randy dethrones Drew, Dominik turns 24 the week or so after WrestleMania, Drew vs Reigns and Dominik vs Randy could be two huge main events. I know the hope is for Edge vs Orton (or was) once he returns from injury but that could easily be a match at the Rumble. Have Dominik win the Rumble, have Orton take out Rey as a warning, have the Mysterios celebrate to end Mania, maybe even have that the event for Rey to "pass on" the mask for the first time. Edited September 9, 2020 by Shy Dad Quote
KingofSports Posted September 9, 2020 Posted September 9, 2020 13 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said: I know Rey has had a big part to play in it but Dominick has really taken to being in the ring like a duck to water, haven't been so impressed with a 3rd Gen star in years, would bank on him dropping down into NXT for a spell going up against the likes of Drake, Escobar and Scott in the Cruiserweight title picture within the next year Is he 3rd or 2nd generation? Rey Misterio is Misterio Jr.'s uncle. Quote
The Dart Posted September 9, 2020 Posted September 9, 2020 I think you just answered your own question there. Quote
KingofSports Posted September 9, 2020 Posted September 9, 2020 (edited) Generational includes non-parental then. Always assumed it was direct lineage. It was a delightful, bring your family to work day anyhow. What a charming idea. Edited September 9, 2020 by KingofSports Quote
Grecian Posted September 9, 2020 Posted September 9, 2020 (edited) 2 hours ago, Shy Dad said: And it could still realistically happen. If Randy dethrones Drew, Dominik turns 24 the week or so after WrestleMania, Drew vs Reigns and Dominik vs Randy could be two huge main events. I know the hope is for Edge vs Orton (or was) once he returns from injury but that could easily be a match at the Rumble. Have Dominik win the Rumble, have Orton take out Rey as a warning, have the Mysterios celebrate to end Mania, maybe even have that the event for Rey to "pass on" the mask for the first time. Orton was 24 and 4 months (born in April, Summerslam is late August). Dominick was also born in April so pretty much has until Summerslam 2021 to do it. Edited September 9, 2020 by Grecian My calendar maths is rubbish. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.