The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I was wondering if maybe they'd drag it out til Survivor Series to have a big match but that seems so far away.

I do wonder if that's where the Retribution angle is headed, actually.

It'll just be revealed that it's been NXT people all along and we'll revert to typical November programming (everyone wears a t-shirt to tell you what brand they're on, every show ends with an "invasion" from another brand resulting in a mass brawl).

• Paid Members

I'd missed that as I was washing up during that promo, guess then they are going for this lot being pissed off because the main roster lot were moved in on their territory when the pandemic hit.

Wonder if they'll maybe go for NXT vs "main roster" at Survivors this year instead of all 3 brands (perhaps as an attempt to further position NXT as the "cool, outlaw [honest]" brand), or perhaps even do Raw vs Smackdown vs "NXT's chosen ones" vs Retribution?

• Paid Members

Like WWE or not, they're normally very good at planting the seeds for these mystery angles. Even when they reveal or the aftermath end up as grade 1 Wrestlecrap, the anticipation is normally good. This Retribution shite is some of the worst they've ever done. It's up there with who pushed a shelf onto Roman and what's in the egg? And yet it probably loses points on those because the invading stable causing trouble is such a piss easy angle to put together that to do it this bad and so people care so little is quite an achievement.

Probably a bigger topic to discuss but can wwe win fans back??

For anything wwe do good or bad these days they get slated for it either way.

I'm not defending some of the shit they do on tv but stuff has been good this year, Jan-Mania was shaping up nicely til shit went sideways, Drews title reign has been solid, Orton in general, Edge same, Reigns heel turn etc

Bad plenty and too much to mention

But I think it's cooler than ever (not on here) to hate and joke about wwe online so I wonder if fans won't "let" themselves become taken in by wwe or it's angles. 

15 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

But I think it's cooler than ever (not on here) to hate and joke about wwe online so I wonder if fans won't "let" themselves become taken in by wwe or it's angles. 

Online is online though isn't it. Fact is it's still reflecting in their viewing figures. I don't think the general bitching of an online presence is the most important thing. And to be honest, a lot of them are still watching anyway..

I agree

What is wrestling 2020/21? I think that's the big question "what is it and where does it fit in to current pop culture" 

I'm in my mid 30s so have no idea what the younger generation want, do they have the attention span for long weekly stories? AEW is managing but there fans might are probably wwe or older fans, or do they want to binge watch like Netflix

Maybe wrestling society x was ahead of its times 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

fucking state of it

Moaning about the camera work and direction has been done to death, but I'll never understand their thinking when it comes to putting out a product like this.

I always thought the idea of having a hard camera, supplemented with a few hand helds was to allow the viewer at home to get an idea of the orientation of what is happening where in the ring/ringside area. Jump to a handheld shot for a while, but allow the viewer enough time to get their bearings before going back to the hard camera again. By constantly jumping from shot to shot like this, you have no idea of what or where you're actually looking at(especially with loads wearing the same shit). It;s just baffling...

I didn't mind that to be honest. Sure, the bazillion cuts usually annoy me, but that was one of the few times lately that it actually felt chaotic like it should do. You don't know what's going on or who's who or anything like that. Probably more luck than judgement that it feels so disorienting, but I thought it played alright.

The question is why do they always have one camera that they only cut to when Retribution are in the ring?  Why would the producers of Raw set that camera up, then ignore it for the 3 hours, the poor operator is probably bored out his mind, but then uh-oh, they've showed up, wake up Billy, shake that camera about a bit please.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Not one cool person ever bitched about WWE online. Not one cool person still knows they exist. Just us.