The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Think it's unfair to say wwe stumbled on the hurt business success, since the Rumble MVP made it clear he was building a stable, went after Drew, then pretty early on went after Lashley, Crews etc.

It's was clearly the direction they were heading, weather it works is always up to chance but has booked them well, at a nails pace at times but still well

1 minute ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Think it's unfair to say wwe stumbled on the hurt business success, since the Rumble MVP made it clear he was building a stable, went after Drew, then pretty early on went after Lashley, Crews etc.

It's was clearly the direction they were heading, weather it works is always up to chance but has booked them well, at a nails pace at times but still well

There's definitely been a deliberate build for them. That bad ass ending wouldn't have worked otherwise. Imagine thinking this time last year that there'd be some excitement over these guys coming out like that. Nah. No one would've given two fucks.

• Paid Members

The rumour was that they were planning a new Nation of Domination type group but not really in agreement on how it would work. That seemed to be born out by them using Ron Simmons and Mark Henry briefly on TV. What they've ended up with isn't anything like the NoD but give nthe lack of clarity in the ideas, the pandemic meaning guys were available and unavailable at varying times, particularly Apollo Crews, I don't think it's unfair to say they've stumbled upon this act. I've only seen a few highlights so can't really judge but they absolutely look the business, that's for sure. Whether it's got more potential; is up to them now.

• Paid Members

It's just too easy to make fun of. 

It's like Vince has just spent a weekend discovering Mad Max and the Batman movie with Bane in. 

I actually turned it off after the first ad break 5 minutes in. Absolutely the right choice having looked at the results and finding they're now trying to have Rey's daughter turn on the family because she's in love with Murphy seemingly, Andrade and Garza on the same page again for at least 6 days, Lana getting put through a table again and Jerry Lawler back over Samoa Joe. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

It's just too easy to make fun of. 

It's like Vince has just spent a weekend discovering Mad Max and the Batman movie with Bane in. 

I actually turned it off after the first ad break 5 minutes in. Absolutely the right choice having looked at the results and finding they're now trying to have Rey's daughter turn on the family because she's in love with Murphy seemingly, Andrade and Garza on the same page again for at least 6 days, Lana getting put through a table again and Jerry Lawler back over Samoa Joe. 

You'll be glad you didn't see the painfully awkward and unfunny R-Truth beach skit as well, then. 

How can Smackdown be ticking along nicely and enjoyably and Raw be so terrible? Another thing that irrationally irritated me, was they have changed Keith Lee's 'tron' to say LEEgion, instead of Legion, christ they love to shoehorn stuff in. It irritates me with how Heyman says Reignsing instead of reigning. 

• Paid Members

Actually, other then the goofy masks and names and a Rey "Whose the Papi" 2.0, I thought this was a decent-ish Raw. Raw Underground is still interesting, some decent matches and The Hurt Business being built up as a strong stable (but are the faces or heels, because it seems to depend on the segment.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

A bunch of guys have caused chaos in the last few months and they are signed to contracts?

Also, Djovokic or whatever his name is says that people who take a pay cheque from WWE are whores. Does that mean he is working for free. 

To be fair to the whole 'getting contracts' thing, that could tie into who is actually behind the group.