The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I think Drew has and is doing a great job, solid matches and promos don't feel forced.

In general people are very unforgiving to guys these days for minor mistakes or things they don't like.

Giving a bit of praise, respect and being associated with guys like Flair or HBK isn't a cringy or bad thing, it's not like he's talking up from IRS, Slaughter, Hacksaw like the mid 2000 legends 

• Paid Members

I've only sensed any backlash to Drew since the PPV the other day. Which is probably an indicator of what a shit booking job they did.

I've not seen much of him but he's always looked good and spoken well in the bits I have seen. In fairness, he's done well to get this far without any backlash. With crowds, he'd have been booed by June for shits and giggled.

6 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Minor point but the only thing I dislike about Seths new package is that his music sounds like generic CAW tripe from No Mercy.

Still waiting my whole life for someone to come out to this beaut:

• Paid Members
On 9/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, air_raid said:

Everything about that was awful.

The complete lack of ANY sound, not a “what’s going on” or angry/confused sounds, never mind of pain.

I actually really liked the Orton horror movie segment but I couldn't agree more about the lack of sound, I can't believe it made it to TV without someone saying 3 wrestlers would probably make a bit of noise being murdered in the darkness. It really marred what was (for me anyway) a pretty fun spot. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I actually really liked the Orton horror movie segment but I couldn't agree more about the lack of sound, I can't believe it made it to TV without someone saying 3 wrestlers would probably make a bit of noise being murdered in the darkness. It really marred what was (for me anyway) a pretty fun spot. 

My own fault for watching it after reading this but it's just an abysmal segment. It's a decent idea and they've done it successfully before. Remember that time Boss Man and Albert (I think) chucked a smoke bomb in a room and then burst in wearing gas masks to beat the shit out of someone. It was Big Show then too I think.

this is just everything that's horrible about their production. The lack of any element of surprise, the camera already being in the room and then the fact that not a single victim makes a noise when the lights have just gone out and someone is swinging a chair around. Given you can't see any of the beatdown because it's pitch black, how can you possibly get this wrong?

That said, I can think of a way it could have been worse, they could have shot it from Randy Orton's perspective which would have been horrible. I'm almost surprised they didn't.

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

My own fault for watching it after reading this but it's just an abysmal segment. It's a decent idea and they've done it successfully before. Remember that time Boss Man and Albert (I think) chucked a smoke bomb in a room and then burst in wearing gas masks to beat the shit out of someone. It was Big Show then too I think.

this is just everything that's horrible about their production. The lack of any element of surprise, the camera already being in the room and then the fact that not a single victim makes a noise when the lights have just gone out and someone is swinging a chair around. Given you can't see any of the beatdown because it's pitch black, how can you possibly get this wrong?

That said, I can think of a way it could have been worse, they could have shot it from Randy Orton's perspective which would have been horrible. I'm almost surprised they didn't.

I was actually alright with it - just because WWE and general hokeyness - until he came out and all the people came running to the rescue, but his disguise still worked on them? Are we to assume none of them saw how he got there in the first place? At all? Surely they must have been watching on monitors or notified of something if they were running to help. I'm surprised I stayed with it until that point but you know.

• Paid Members

I'm wondering if they are going to ret-con Ali as the hacker and that was the start of Retribution all along. You just know this wasn't the actual direction for them, but after the backlash against the reveal and how the story has gone, they have changed course.

Must admit that i chuckled when Lana went through the table. I'm thinking its more to do with the third party energy drink fiasco, than Miro going to AEW. 

Pretty boring Raw overall, Drew just comes across as a caricature these days, with his cheesy lines such as 'I dont need the lights off to beat the hell out of you'. 

Wonder how long its been since there has been a Raw where The Street Profits didn't have some interaction with Andrade / Garza before this one?

Bray has got back into the same old Bray Wyatt routine of him bringing down everyone he feuds with. KO deserves better than this hokey shit. They need to drop The Fiend and just go with 'Mr Rogers' Bray, he was genuinely menacing when he went into the trance like state talking about The Fiend. 

The 24/7 shit needs to go now, they have run out of ideas. I have nothing but love for Truth, but even he can't revive it. 

2 hours ago, Nick James said:

The 24/7 shit needs to go now, they have run out of ideas. I have nothing but love for Truth, but even he can't revive it. 

They should just have some random guy who works backstage win it and then we never see him again and he is just champion forever.   And then if they want to revive the title in the future they can just have him show up again in 5 years.