The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

While I didn't mind Drew and his buddies getting some revenge at the PPV, I didn't particularly need it to then carry over in this fashion. I don't need to see Drew being a fanboy in the ring or anything. Not sure if it's meant to make us like him more because he's buddies with some guys or something, but yeah the whole thing was pretty damn ridiculous. It's a shame as:

(1) Drew absolutely has all the tools to be a valid and decent WWE champion. He looks the part. He's capable of good matches. Even personality wise he's pretty easy to get into with the right material. But yeah, as soon as you see him with that shit-eating grin on the promo materials etc, it's just not necessary.

(2) Much of 2020 was Orton's best work for years. Night vision goggles is not.

The rest of the show was.. something. I don't even remember if I'm honest and I only just watched it. There wasn't a whole lot in the way of development. Very much the same as previous weeks, although lacking in Underground.

I know it's unfair to compare pre and post PPV shows but take the Smackdown of last Friday vs Raw of this Monday and its night and day in terms of building characters and storylines etc. This one felt more like a holding pattern than anything, and you wouldn't have missed much if you didn't watch.

I usually enjoy the Raw after a PPV because you get an idea of different directions but this one just didn't really have that.

Whilst I'm sure plenty of them are enjoying a break from their usual schedule, I'll bet Orton is enjoying the empty arena run the most. He gets to show up, do his bare minimum Randy Orton bits, and go home without having to be around dirty wrestling fans. Guy must be in heaven. 

56 minutes ago, TomJones233 said:

Drew cannot cut a promo to save his life. He's so awkward on the mic.

There’s a difference between you not liking what someone does, and saying they can’t do something at all. This is the former 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Drew McIntyer is coming across as the absolute worst.

I hope Orton takes the belt at HITC.

It's almost as if they've suddenly realised he's been pretty good, had decent matches and builds and thought F*CK IT we need to make him even more over by doing all the goofy crap that killed KO, Seth, Reigns etc. He's been refreshing as champion, different, dominant and now....it's going to turn out like we all thought it would've a few months ago. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

Are we all just looking the other way while they do a storyline where a man in his 30s (Murphy) is either emotionally manipulating or is about to enter into a relationship with, a 19 year old......... Shouldn't we be speaking out....... 

You’re joking, right? The company exploited a war for storyline purposes. This doesn’t even crack the top 10 of outrages we should waste keystrokes on.