The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
On 9/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, CavemanLynn said:

On 9/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, CavemanLynn said:

when I was one of two people that turned up to a seminar of his ten years ago. That's two people for a seminar by a former NWA World champion. Nice one, Britwres trainees.

You make it sound like they had Flair and Thez in for the afternoon class. 

What relevance did the NWA belt, and the NWA putting stock in you to carry the belt, really mean then? 

Next week (23rd) will mark 5 years since Asuka made her WWE in-ring debut . I may or may not have missed some, but these appear to have have been her 'strongest' or most established opponents over that period. It doesn't include tag or multi-person matches: (NXT) - Bayley, Nia Jax, Mickie James, Nikki Cross - & - Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Natalya, Sasha Banks - . I think I'm right in saying she didn't face Rousey and hasn't yet had a singles match with Baszler. Before checking, I would have guessed the list of 'top' names would've been longer & even including Natalya is stretching it a bit. Have I made any glaring omissions and are there any good opponents left for her? I don't know her current contract situation or future plans.

Edited by KingofSports

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

You make it sound like they had Flair and Thesz in for the afternoon class. 

What relevance did the NWA belt, and the NWA putting stock in you to carry the belt, really mean then? 

A solid journeyman wrestler, trusted by a legacy company to represent their title after separating from TNA? That was plenty for me. He was also a lovely bloke, happy to chat and train, enjoying getting to the basics and big ring psychology while other seminars I'd been to were all about learning moves or sequences. Good dude.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

A solid journeyman wrestler, trusted by a legacy company to represent their title after separating from TNA?

The cynics would see a safe bet as someone WWE & TNA weren't interested in.

I'm not knocking his skill as either a wrestler or trainer, but as a marketing point being NWA champ post 93 pre TNA and post TNA pre corgan means less to people looking to learn than a ROH or TNA midcard act or a former WWE name even if it's counter productive in what they'll provide or how invested they'll be.

5 hours ago, Nick James said:

The Retribution group from the promo are clearly Dijakovic, Mia Yim, Mercedes Martinez and two others who I couldn't work out.

Weren't Mia Yim and Keith Lee dating in storyline on NXT

While, we're talking things that make zero sense. Miz's plan to cause harm to the Mandy Rose/Otis by getting Raw to trade for Mandy might work if both shows weren't in Orlando and they could just see each other the other 5 days of the week 

Also, what the hell happened in the Mickie/Asuka finish 

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yes, and for real.

Will be interesting to see how they play that off, and his friendship with Dijakovic too.

Hopefully they don't and it solidifies NXT is a development brand and not a 3rd brand because I can't be watching NXT on top of everything else just so I can be in on the story of debuts. 

I preferred the days when I had no real pre-concevied idea about the guys coming up from OVW.