Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Or know anything about their shit real-life personality.

It’s wrestling! We know they’re all shit. Austin is a wifebeater but that didn’t seem to matter to most. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s wrestling! We know they’re all shit. Austin is a wifebeater but that didn’t seem to matter to most. 

Agree, the number of decent people in wrestling seems to amount to single figures. Always worth a reminder of the shittier ones though.

9 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Bob Holly Rule. 

  Some fans wanted a murderer in the Hall Of Fame. I think Hardcore Bob can stand down.

17 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Riddle is shit isn't he? Steve-O looking mo-fo with fucking animated pigeons flying when he kicks of his sliders. And thats without hiring a lawyer dumber then Lionel Hutz. As soon as he interrupted Randy, who got an unbelievable ovation from the crowd, I wanted him to RKO his head off.   

The bells and whistles are shit but the guy himself is pretty tremendous in the ring and his character work is very good. Aside from the real life issues, he's clearly one of the better performers each week and the Randy Orton odd-couple thing caught on before the mystery absence. For all WWE's flaws, they generally do an odd-couple tag-team pretty well.

  • Paid Members
Posted
57 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

 

The bells and whistles are shit but the guy himself is pretty tremendous in the ring and his character work is very good. Aside from the real life issues, he's clearly one of the better performers each week and the Randy Orton odd-couple thing caught on before the mystery absence. For all WWE's flaws, they generally do an odd-couple tag-team pretty well.

I disagree. I don't think much of his work on the main roster has been a patch on his NXT run, and I accept they don't get the same chances on the main shows as he would have, but he is done nothing of real note since coming up, bar RKBro which certainly felt like it refreshed Orton more then anything. I just hate the gimmick  of dumb stoner. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I disagree. I don't think much of his work on the main roster has been a patch on his NXT run, and I accept they don't get the same chances on the main shows as he would have, but he is done nothing of real note since coming up, bar RKBro which certainly felt like it refreshed Orton more then anything. I just hate the gimmick  of dumb stoner. 

So you just don't like the gimmick. That doesn't make him shit. Plus you thought his NXT work was good?

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

So you just don't like the gimmick. That doesn't make him shit. Plus you thought his NXT work was good?

No comments still about his real life shenanigans. Cool.  And a wrestler is a total package right. It is in ring work + gimmick + execution. He fails the last 2 and his ring work since coming up has been patchy.

His debut on NXT when he was beating Chris Hero in a few seconds, felt fresh, unique. His run with Dunne was also really enjoyable. But his main roster one including fluffing his lines with Asuka ("Were live pal") was embarrassing. It's also not the first time. Most of his promo's in ring, or backstage, he appears to struggle to remember what he is supposed to say. Not everyone needs to be polished to n'th degree, or have to memorise all the scripted lines, as long as you can improve. He should be on NXT still in my opinion.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Riddle is like one of two people that's actually managed to get over since the pandemic. He's doing pretty well all things considered.

Other then the rape accusations and his lawyer printing denials on CD label paper, sure.

Posted
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

No comments still about his real life shenanigans. Cool. 

Even aside from that, it's perplexing how you're having to defend your particular dislike of one particular playfighter. 

I hate the fucking Eagles (man) but I'm sure someone could sit me down and scientifically walk me through their songwriting nous, technical musicianship, how big a draw they were...but, like...I still think they're shit? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Even aside from that, it's perplexing how you're having to defend your particular dislike of one particular playfighter.

Did you just discover discussion?

Posted
8 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Did you just discover discussion?

spacer.png

I am discussing. I just find the whole "I guess you can call anyone shit if you ignore their good bits" approach a bit on the nose when enjoying a wrestler is ultimately a subjective thing. Plenty of people hate Bret Hart and Ric Flair. We can do the whole "You should preface that with "I think their shit" shtick, sure, but that's pure tedium. 

Riddle's shit. Corbin's Pursuit of Happyness gimmick is where it's at. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
43 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I am discussing. I just find the whole "I guess you can call anyone shit if you ignore their good bits" approach a bit on the nose when enjoying a wrestler is ultimately a subjective thing. Plenty of people hate Bret Hart and Ric Flair. We can do the whole "You should preface that with "I think their shit" shtick, sure, but that's pure tedium. 

Riddle's shit. Corbin's Pursuit of Happyness gimmick is where it's at. 

Calling something "shit" has to have some merit surely? If you call something shit, expecting people who think it's good not to debate is ridiculously naive. It's not even that it has to be prefaced with anything. If you're going to go around saying you think something is shit, you're going to get some push back.

Agree on Corbin. It's baffling, isn't it? Saw something on Twitter earlier (Originally on Tik Tok I think). His commitment to it and his character work are really, really good.

44 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Plenty of people hate Bret Hart

Bring me their head on a silver platter.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Some fans wanted a murderer in the Hall Of Fame

To go alongside the other one already in there. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Since it’s the pay per view week I threw Raw on last night whilst doing work. It was mostly the same old shit but the one thing I did think was worth discussing is how Charlotte has suddenly become a modern-day HBK!

Much like Shawn in the 90s, Vince is clearly besotted with her, always positioning her at the top and giving her as much freedom as possible. And in return? She’s taking the piss at every possible turn and doesn’t give a flying fuck. Skipping that house show at the weekend to go to the Triple A show and take photographs with Konnan. Sitting down to do guest commentary here and forgetting the names of the announcers and having to be corrected on how many days it is until Summerslam.

You love to see it. Nothing better than when Vince bends over backwards for people and they return the favour by humiliating him. I’m still not convinced I’d enjoy seeing her in AEW but the way her having one foot out the door is already the most interesting thing she’s ever done? I’d be happy when she jumps ship just for the craic. She’ll probably leave with the belt. I can’t wait.

Edited by Supremo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...