The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

The first full episode of Raw I’ve watched in ages, I was fully intending to post some shitty, sarcastic remark about how Raw really makes you appreciate even below average episodes of Dynamite like we got last week.

But then we got Charlotte vs. Nia Jax, which was the most noteworthy thing to happen on Raw in forever. Nia drops Charlotte on her head, the whole match falls apart, and we’re left with two women screaming and shooting on each other! Brilliant! Genuine edge of your seat stuff! I was half expecting Vince to storm down and fire them both on the spot. I can’t remember the last time anyone on the planet has ever said this about Raw, but seriously. People should check this match out! Absolutely wild scenes! For at least a few minutes it looked like they were never going to get back on the same page and they’d just have to go to an advert break with them screaming, glaring and legitimately swinging at each other.

It’s quite fitting that at a time when they’re refusing to hire independent wrestlers and insisting the best approach is to train people from scratch, Nia Jax is out there still nearly killing people and these two homegrown talents are causing their flagship TV show to descend into chaos.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

But then we got Charlotte vs. Nia Jax, which was the most noteworthy thing to happen on Raw in forever. Nia drops Charlotte on her head, the whole match falls apart, and we’re left with two women screaming and shooting on each other! Brilliant! Genuine edge of your seat stuff! I was half expecting Vince to storm down and fire them both on the spot. I can’t remember the last time anyone on the planet has ever said this about Raw, but seriously. People should check this match out! Absolutely wild scenes! For at least a few minutes it looked like they were never going to get back on the same page and they’d just have to go to an advert break with them screaming, glaring and legitimately swinging at each other.

It’s quite fitting that at a time when they’re refusing to hire independent wrestlers and insisting the best approach is to train people from scratch, Nia Jax is out there still nearly killing people and these two homegrown talents are causing their flagship TV show to descend into chaos.

Holy shit that is so bad! How did this make it onto the YouTube channel?

It's proper dick swinging and them trying to take advantage of the other. "I'm Ric Flair's daughter.... (slap)" "Fuck you The Rock's my cousin.... (slap)."

I hope someone pulled them both to one side. That was tragic.

(Watch from about 30 seconds).

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

Considering how often Nia fucks people up in worked matches, leading her into a shoot is probably the safest thing to do. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I’ve not seen a match like that for a while.

If anything it looks more “real”, and they looked like they both wanted to get the win, so seemed less choreographed/planned out - almost as though they were calling it in the ring.

But yeah, surely the match wasn’t laid out like that in advance?

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Matthew said:

But yeah, surely the match wasn’t laid out like that in advance?

definitely not. I assume it's because Charlotte takes a nasty landing on either the Samoan Drop or the back suplex, but pretty soon afterwards she starts sandbagging Nia and fucking with her, and Nia fires back with a few receipts. The thing very obviously falls apart. There's also a point, I think before the match falls apart (I've seen different clips out of sequence) where Charlotte properly clocks Nia with her knee during a moonsault. The most interesting thing to happen on RAW in years.

Edited by BomberPat

Charlotte's face is so surgerised that it was hard to tell what her expression was supposed to be when she kicked out of Jax's pin attempt. I think she was aiming for an annoyed look, but ended up with a slightly robotic looking father dougal like surprised expression on her face. Either way though, this scrap was the most enjoyable thing in WWE since the rain stoppage at Mania