The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Winston said:

Desperate times but a step in the right direction. Time to let Big E shine.

I’m a broken record on this but for as long as Raw stays at 3 hours it will remain unwatchable. It’s one of the main factors holding it back. 

That ship has long sailed for me. I love the AEW product but even at 1-2 hours some weeks I just catch clips. You could knock Raw down to an hour and i’d still have no interest.

It’s still such a shame how far NWA Powerrr fell because that one hour of wrestling was near perfect for me.

If losing to AEW makes them do crazy things for me to read about then I’m all for it. I have no investment anymore with wwe so I don’t care if this works or not. I just like the excitement of them tearing up scripts and hotshotting things. I won’t watch the show, but I’ll actively seek out the results when I get up which is more than I used to do.

Also, E seems like a brilliant guy so if this is the sort of thing that would make him happy then great. 

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Isn't this the first week of Monday night football? That usually explains why they do something mad and random, don't think AEW can take credit.

I think it's a mixture of both.

Something which never dawned on to me until this morning was for the majority of 2021 they have had 2 heel champions. If creative are sat down throwing ideas against the wall to combat AEW, I could see that sticking out like a sore thumb. Why tune in week after to see the heel get away with it? Fans will naturally get bored of that after 9 months

• Paid Members

The ridiculous shift in quality once that rating came out last week, on both Smackdown and Raw, it’s obvious AEW’s success has played a part in this.

Didnt the internet fans once send Triple H a fruit basket as a thank you? Someone should send Tony Khan one for completely revitalising the industry. Maybe a little note on the card to not sign Gargano, though.

Edited by Supremo

51 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Isn't this the first week of Monday night football? That usually explains why they do something mad and random, don't think AEW can take credit.

They spent all of last weeks show building up a tag match for this week. Then everything changed in the middle of the week. So either this is the most incompetent bunch of people of all time who didn't know the NFL was back in one week, or the AEW number caused this reaction.

It's AEW. 

• Paid Members

WWE have burned through so much goodwill that them putting the title on a largely beloved babyface, in his first reign, is still treated (deservedly) with cynicism. They've only themselves to blame.

The worst thing about WWE putting on the occasional (apparently) good show when they're panicked is that it makes it clear that they can do if they want to, just most of the time they're content churning out the same shit. So why get invested at all when they openly treat their audience with contempt and only bother putting in an effort when their hand is forced?

And then you get into knowing what's coming up, and you have to think - is Big E going into Saudi Arabia as champion? And if so, is he leaving there as champion? Or are they going to want to put the belt on a Proper Star for that show again?