Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Desperate times but a step in the right direction. Time to let Big E shine.

I’m a broken record on this but for as long as Raw stays at 3 hours it will remain unwatchable. It’s one of the main factors holding it back. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Winston said:

Desperate times but a step in the right direction. Time to let Big E shine.

I’m a broken record on this but for as long as Raw stays at 3 hours it will remain unwatchable. It’s one of the main factors holding it back. 

That ship has long sailed for me. I love the AEW product but even at 1-2 hours some weeks I just catch clips. You could knock Raw down to an hour and i’d still have no interest.

It’s still such a shame how far NWA Powerrr fell because that one hour of wrestling was near perfect for me.

Posted

If losing to AEW makes them do crazy things for me to read about then I’m all for it. I have no investment anymore with wwe so I don’t care if this works or not. I just like the excitement of them tearing up scripts and hotshotting things. I won’t watch the show, but I’ll actively seek out the results when I get up which is more than I used to do.

Also, E seems like a brilliant guy so if this is the sort of thing that would make him happy then great. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Winston said:

Desperate times but a step in the right direction. Time to let Big E shine.

I’m a broken record on this but for as long as Raw stays at 3 hours it will remain unwatchable. It’s one of the main factors holding it back. 

It will go to 4 hours before it goes back to 2 hours.

Posted
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Isn't this the first week of Monday night football? That usually explains why they do something mad and random, don't think AEW can take credit.

I think it's a mixture of both.

Something which never dawned on to me until this morning was for the majority of 2021 they have had 2 heel champions. If creative are sat down throwing ideas against the wall to combat AEW, I could see that sticking out like a sore thumb. Why tune in week after to see the heel get away with it? Fans will naturally get bored of that after 9 months

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The ridiculous shift in quality once that rating came out last week, on both Smackdown and Raw, it’s obvious AEW’s success has played a part in this.

Didnt the internet fans once send Triple H a fruit basket as a thank you? Someone should send Tony Khan one for completely revitalising the industry. Maybe a little note on the card to not sign Gargano, though.

Edited by Supremo
Posted
51 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

Great moment for Big E. Still wouldn’t surprise me if they had him drop the belt to Goldberg on the Saudi show though. 

Nah the Saudi show will be Goldberg getting payback on Lashley unless they run it at Extreme Rules

Posted

I'd be happy if Gargano became filler on Dark to be honest. As AEW are now taping their D show from Universal they should go full on WCW and fill it with people who used had a run somewhere else and are now just a face to help keep a few channel hoppers sitting pretty until the next ad break. 

 

 

Posted
51 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Isn't this the first week of Monday night football? That usually explains why they do something mad and random, don't think AEW can take credit.

They spent all of last weeks show building up a tag match for this week. Then everything changed in the middle of the week. So either this is the most incompetent bunch of people of all time who didn't know the NFL was back in one week, or the AEW number caused this reaction.

It's AEW. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

So either this is the most incompetent bunch of people of all time who didn't know the NFL was back in one week, or the AEW number caused this reaction.

I mean I'm not even sure it's an 'or' at this point..

  • Paid Members
Posted

WWE have burned through so much goodwill that them putting the title on a largely beloved babyface, in his first reign, is still treated (deservedly) with cynicism. They've only themselves to blame.

The worst thing about WWE putting on the occasional (apparently) good show when they're panicked is that it makes it clear that they can do if they want to, just most of the time they're content churning out the same shit. So why get invested at all when they openly treat their audience with contempt and only bother putting in an effort when their hand is forced?

And then you get into knowing what's coming up, and you have to think - is Big E going into Saudi Arabia as champion? And if so, is he leaving there as champion? Or are they going to want to put the belt on a Proper Star for that show again?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

If only there were some threads where people could talk about AEW.

So what you're suggesting is people can talk about WWE without mentioning AEW? I've heard some crazy shit on here in my time but seriously.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...