Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
34 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

So what you're suggesting is people can talk about WWE without mentioning AEW? I've heard some crazy shit on here in my time but seriously.

This needs to be taken to the AEW thread. 

Posted

Big E deserves the belt because he's bloody lovely and brilliant. A pearl of a dude. 

WWE also deserves for this to go completely to shit for hotshoting and looking absolutely desperate. 

Big E doesn't deserve that, but he'll get it. Best of luck to him. He's so good. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Briefcase said:

This needs to be taken to the AEW thread. 

It's a smattering of posts postulating on how another promotion might have affected the creative direction of Raw. Just like ratings talk and dissing on WWE talk, I enjoy it more than backseat modding of said topics. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK
  • Awards Moderator
Posted (edited)

I hope they follow up on it by giving Big E a decent run as Champion. Similar big happy title wins in the recent past (Kofi, Bianca) have fizzled out pretty quickly when it became apparent they didn't have anything in mind past the "moment".

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
Posted

 

7 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I hope they follow up on it by giving Big E a decent run as Champion. Similar big happy title wins in the recent past (Kofi, Bianca) have fizzled out pretty quickly when it became apparent they didn't have anything in mind past the "moment".

Really well put. Unfortunately, it seems to me blatantly obvious that they’ve only got the ‘moment’ in mind here.

They’ll bask in their own genius for doing it for weeks and weeks, forgetting to book anything past that, and he’ll be a dead duck within a few months.

Posted
10 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I hope they follow up on it by giving Big E a decent run as Champion. Similar big happy title wins in the recent past (Kofi, Bianca) have fizzled out pretty quickly when it became apparent they didn't have anything in mind past the "moment".

Bianca I definitely agree on but Kofi was always going to be about 'the moment' I think. At least I never saw him as someone who needed a long run. Big E on the other hand needs everything behind him going forward.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Genuinely no idea who I was meant to root for during that Charlotte/Shayna/Nia/Alexa bollocks.

The ref in the hope he would be ending it early? The whole angle is awful from all involved. The gift segment with Charlotte and Alexa was the worst I have see Charlotte on the mic. Totally looked out of place.

So Big E absolutely more then deserves it. But he deserves better then this. Firstly him announcing on social media he was cashing in was absolutely to try and up the audience rather then allow a natural surprise result. I get it, they are trying to get eyes on the product. But it screams desperation. Then he, barely, beat a knackered and freshly injured Bobby Lashley. So that will be the story now, you only beat me because I was injured. Then what we will see, with Monday Night Football back, is the ratings taking, Big E taking the blame in the same way Diesel's title run was a disappointment, and they will take the belt of him proving that it wasn't what people wanted, and proving Vince and Creative shouldn't have given him the run the fans wanted. In a years time he will be the new Kofi Kingston. 

And I hope im wrong on nearly every point. Because they should have pulled the trigger on him years ago, and I want him to do well. But I just see him being Goldberg fuel.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I’m convinced Big E is so good and is so loved by everyone, that if anyone was going to rise above bad booking and make a success of it regardless it will be him. Being a bit of a shit house and cashing in on an injured champion definitely gives him a tough hill to climb, but it’s Big E. I don’t care how he became champion. I just care that he did it and that he’s happy because he’s fucking brilliant and clearly one of the soundest guys on that roster.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m convinced Big E is so good and is so loved by everyone, that if anyone was going to rise above bad booking and make a success of it regardless it will be him. Being a bit of a shit house and cashing in on an injured champion definitely gives him a tough hill to climb, but it’s Big E. I don’t care how he became champion. I just care that he did it and that he’s happy because he’s fucking brilliant and clearly one of the soundest guys on that roster.

I think he escapes the being a shithouse by the fact he called his shot. He said he'd be there to cash in, the fact that MVP as an advisor to Lashley didn't plan for it to happen and have some plan in place then more fool them.

Posted
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So Big E absolutely more then deserves it. But he deserves better then this. Firstly him announcing on social media he was cashing in was absolutely to try and up the audience rather then allow a natural surprise result. I get it, they are trying to get eyes on the product. But it screams desperation. Then he, barely, beat a knackered and freshly injured Bobby Lashley. So that will be the story now, you only beat me because I was injured.

And I hope im wrong on nearly every point. Because they should have pulled the trigger on him years ago, and I want him to do well. But I just see him being Goldberg fuel.

So:

1) Big E is a face. He wasn't going to be doing some sneaky Seth Rollins shit with his cash-in. Just no. This was exactly how he'd do it, regardless of whether they're hot shotting it or hitting the panic button or whatever else. It fits who he is perfectly.

2) They've spent ages building Lashley up to a point where he actually seemed a pretty legit champion. So they did the smart thing and made him look strong in defeat. Is that really such a bad thing? Who the hell watched that and thought 'oh but Big E barely beat him..'? Hardly anyone I'm sure.

3) 'You only beat me because I was injured' is a decent way to continue the story if they want to. Again, why's that a bad thing? It gives Lashley an out and it allows Big E to step up and prove himself properly.

4) I'm genuinely curious as to when you think Big E was ready for a title run years ago? When would you have put it on him?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...