The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

2 hours ago, Slapnut said:

The 5 star review titled “Wonderful Experience” and then lists “Everyone in charge is afraid of Vince McMahon and losing their jobs” as a con is absolutely hilarious.

spacer.png

• Paid Members

Seems Keith Lee had a dark match and was introduced as Keith "Bearcat" Lee. It's a bit of a shit name but is probably a "tribute" to Bearcat Wright who is in the legacy HOF. I just don't get why they are constantly trying to find something for him. They re-did his music, they wanted Adam Cole to manage him, now they're sticking a 60 year old nickname on him. Not sure how they can need so many bells and whistles for a big, charismatic guy with a unique look.

Anyone who actually watches this show is going to get two matches that could be PPV main events this week.  Not going to criticise them for putting them on TV, we all know TV is king these days. I already thought the first one needed more advertising than just a few days so the fact that the other one had an hour or so is crazy to me. There's a PPV on Sunday, I think, so that's maybe why they don't want to advertise something for next week but they are just so bad at it generally. And when they do advertise something, it changes anyway. They really need to fix that to get people wet for what they have to offer.

• Awards Moderator

Skimming through the Raw write up (because who's got time to watch that?) and guffawed at this:

1413063237_Screenshot_20210928-075303_rifisfun.thumb.jpg.8155c7d1bff6f1ca1c3ab0bec973a309.jpg

I actually thought Eva was a terrific heel in her previous run, she was booked to perfection in NXT (but who wasn't back then?). I get the impression she's being booked the same now but with the management delusion she's actually competent in the ring too? 

• Paid Members

I had a skim through on the BT app. There was nothing particularly bad about the show, unlike the laughable PPV on Sunday, but it's just so long. It's such a chore for them to fill three hours. When you flick through the chapters on BT, you just wince at the length. They ran the main event twice. Priest and Sheamus went about three hours. Riddle and AJ was about three days. There must be 100 segments. They really are fucked regardless.

The commentary is abysmal. What ever happened to Cory Graves? He sounds more like one of their video game commentators than anyone. If someone said he was reading a teleprompter, I'd believe it.

They seem to be messing with the crowd a lot. Just lots of Ooohs and Boos that clearly aren't coming from anyone. That's the worst bit along with the camera work. 

I just cannot imagine who is watching this for three hours. The 77 ad breaks would kill me for starters. 

• Paid Members
On 9/21/2021 at 9:02 AM, Tommy! said:

Half man, half bear & half cat. WWE are super cereal. 

Presumably to try and avoid the inevitable "town in West Yorkshire" chants he'd get from those fans when they bring him to the UK? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

The Hurt Business are back, all is right with the world.

Agree with this. I never watched the empty shows but everything I read was about those guys. Still can't get my head around the break-up considering Sheltie and Alexander could have stood at top of the ramp during Lashley's matches for the last year and it would have been more memorable than anything they've seemingly done since.

Them just appearing was odd though. Feels like they want a three man team and so it happened. No story at all behind it.

We're gonna look stupid when they draft one of them on Friday.

• Paid Members

The biggest obstacle Raw has is what has been mentioned over and over again, length. It had some good matches, but some absolute dross to pad it out. Match wise, it was probably their best for a while, but it was impossible to watch live. I don't know why anyone would suffer through it rather then watching higlights or like @tiger_rick just watch on demand and skip through. There is so much nonsense which doesn't add anything ( 2 from last night was Riddle's backstage segment, 24/7 match) to the show. 

Also hilarious there were more extreme rules matches last night then there were on the PPV the night before. Still, at least Bearcat Lee is back