Keith Houchen Posted September 2, 2021 Posted September 2, 2021 17 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said: What did she make exactly? The match a good one. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted September 2, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 2, 2021 There's something a bit creepy with this forum's obsession with laying into Charlotte Flair, from weird comments about her appearance to downplaying her ability and agency. To me, she's an exceptional performer who excelled despite the usual absolute shite booking in WWE. Quote
Yakashi Posted September 2, 2021 Posted September 2, 2021 Ive never seen Charlotte have a decent match with anyone that isn’t better than her. Exceptional performer she is not. She’s fine. Good when paired with people better than her. Useless when she’s expected to carry someone worse. Despite being made a 57 time champion, she’s not a star and if she disappeared tomorrow they wouldn’t lose one viewer. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 2, 2021 Posted September 2, 2021 Just be thankful she's not teamed up with Cody Rhodes. Quote
Vamp Posted September 2, 2021 Posted September 2, 2021 Didn't Charlotte basically end up getting involved in wrestling because of Reid's death? Like it wasn't necessarily her dream she was just living out her brother's and father's dreams? Obviously she might love wrestling for all I know, but imagine being a wrestler if you don't even like wrestling. Even worse if you're the daughter of one and the spouse of another. I seem to remember her being in a last woman standing match and clearly having never watched one because she didn't even get up properly to break the count. Even all the things she's achieved would lack any real high. I just think it'd be a bloody miserable and frustrating way to live. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted September 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 7, 2021 (edited) No chance I'm watching Raw but I did catch this gear on twitter: Big Kev with the classy comment of course. Edited September 7, 2021 by Onyx2 Quote
simonworden Posted September 7, 2021 Posted September 7, 2021 On 9/3/2021 at 12:31 AM, Yakashi said: Ive never seen Charlotte have a decent match with anyone that isn’t better than her. Exceptional performer she is not. She’s fine. Good when paired with people better than her. Useless when she’s expected to carry someone worse. Despite being made a 57 time champion, she’s not a star and if she disappeared tomorrow they wouldn’t lose one viewer. Can't say I have a problem with the matches, not that I watch many these days. I also think she is in marvelous shape . But her promo's and general persona are absolute dog shite, she's like a shit actor trying to play someone trying to audition for a spot on the Glow roster in the TV show. Just the worse delivery. I actually hope I am wrong and proved so by her leaving WWE at some point and showing that she can do things differently but I doubt it. Even if she leaves I'd expect her to be done and dusted. Quote
Jacko Posted September 7, 2021 Posted September 7, 2021 Imagine watching your biggest rivals put out a unreal show then you put that shit on tv this fucking company. surely it will get to a point where investors see this hot show smashing it in the main rating demos to the point stocks start to fall, surely only thing that could get them to act is that happening. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted September 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 7, 2021 13 minutes ago, Jacko said: surely it will get to a point where investors see this hot show smashing it in the main rating demos to the point stocks start to fall, surely only thing that could get them to act is that happening. Only if advertisers turn away from the slots. Which they don't. As is repeated often WWE are more profitable than they've ever been with regular revenue from all sorts of deals. With ever increasing bottom line, where's the need to improve the show? AEW have proved fantastic success, and more power to them. But the fans they gather will not pick a side. If anything it makes wrestling as an entertainment segment more valuable. And streaming means both can survive side by side with no real need to counter program. Look forward to Monday Night Football returning next week and expect something ridiculous hotshotted and immediately forgotten. Quote
CavemanLynn Posted September 7, 2021 Posted September 7, 2021 1 hour ago, Onyx2 said: No chance I'm watching Raw but I did catch this gear on twitter: Big Kev with the classy comment of course. That gear looks great, and Lord Kev is obviously a gent. Was it an anniversary or occasion, or just a thing they did? Quote
theringmaster Posted September 7, 2021 Posted September 7, 2021 On 9/2/2021 at 6:57 PM, Vamp said: Didn't Charlotte basically end up getting involved in wrestling because of Reid's death? Like it wasn't necessarily her dream she was just living out her brother's and father's dreams? Obviously she might love wrestling for all I know, but imagine being a wrestler if you don't even like wrestling. Even worse if you're the daughter of one and the spouse of another. I seem to remember her being in a last woman standing match and clearly having never watched one because she didn't even get up properly to break the count. Even all the things she's achieved would lack any real high. I just think it'd be a bloody miserable and frustrating way to live. I'm a big Charlotte Flair fan but this is a story she tends to retcon a little. The original 'official' story was she began training in tribute to him but after some journos dug up some pics showing them at a training school together it changed to she dedicated her career to him. Regardless, it was definitely something she never envisioned doing growing up. I get the impression she is fed up in the 'E, it feels like she could name her price to AEW and only work part time on top of that. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 7, 2021 Posted September 7, 2021 Just now, theringmaster said: I get the impression she is fed up in the 'E Based on what? Quote
theringmaster Posted September 7, 2021 Posted September 7, 2021 11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Based on what? She has shown about as much enthusiasm in recent months as inmate on death row as for the chair Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted September 7, 2021 Paid Members Posted September 7, 2021 my read on Charlotte lately is that she's Shawn Michaels in '96/'97. She can be unprofessional, make demands, refuse to work with certain talent, and so on, and knows that she's untouchable. Either they let her get away with it, in which case she keeps doing it and stays on top, or they fire her, in which case she commands a huge booking fee outside of WWE and goes to work with her husband and her dad elsewhere. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted September 7, 2021 Posted September 7, 2021 5 minutes ago, theringmaster said: She has shown about as much enthusiasm in recent months as inmate on death row as for the chair You have to request to be executed by the electric chair, so if anything those inmates are quite enthusiastic about it Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.