The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

With this, and the Thunderdome last year, did someone buy Vince a Mad Max boxset for Christmas? Presumably one that’s missing Fury Road?

It's just the logical progression from the Road Warriors. Wait until they rename AJ Styles' submission hold the Toecutter, or change Joe's moniker from Samoa to Immortan. Although that one might work better with Orton. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's just the logical progression from the Road Warriors. Wait until they rename AJ Styles' submission hold the Toecutter, or change Joe's moniker from Samoa to Immortan. Although that one might work better with Orton. 

Immortan sounds like it might be the dodgy company The Miz uses for his crap orange skin...

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Weekly reminder that this is Karrion Kross. It doesn’t matter how much they botch him on the main roster. He’s never amounting to anything anyway. He’s rubbish.

I must admit I hadn't seen much of him before his NXT run, though there seemed to be a fair amount of hype surrounding him and who he was going to sign with etc - so I always assumed he was pretty good.

The more I see of him the more I'm not sure if NXT/WWE have completely fucked him up or if he managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes for a while before he signed.

• Paid Members
On 8/18/2021 at 10:30 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Presumably that's just to keep him looking much shorter than Riddle in the shot and their director has fucked it?

Tragic.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous indictment of how often the company misses the point and concentrates on all the wrong minutiae when paying attention to detail for production of their show. Why this would be a thing you do in front of an audience? I know the industry is built on smoke and mirrors but Christ, there should be a line somewhere. Imagine WCW asking Mean Gene to crouch down a bit in the ring so people couldn’t tell how short Ric Flair was, and it being caught on camera? We’d still be bringing it up today. What a farce this lot have become.

• Paid Members

Almost as much as people still trying to act like NXT is as good now as it’s ever been, the way people are reacting to Kross on the main roster perfectly illustrates how much tribalism has risen amongst pro-wrestling fans in the last year or so.

Just because he’s coming from NXT, and was NXT Champion. That’s enough for him to be perceived as one of, “our guys,” with everyone acting like he’s some super worker or can’t miss prospect that’s being buried by the big baddie Vince. Fuck off. He’s a completely average worker and a shit promo, with no aura or authenticity no matter how much he GROWLS, GRITS HIS TEETH and WIDENS HIS EYES.

Edited by Supremo

7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Is this what happens when you buy Demolition from wish.com?

They should say Smash was his dad but Kross’s behaviour left them estranged. So whenever Smash is asked about him he can shake his head and say “Karrion, my wayward son”

• Paid Members

The best/worst thing about WWE is that with Karrion Kross's new look it could be any of the following:

- They think it looks good which is hilariously tragic and pathetic.

- They think it's funny and will eventually get Kross over as a babyface comedy character except it definitely won't. 

- They are doing something intentionally bad just to spite the perfomer or someone backstage.

What a company. 

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

They think it looks good which is hilariously tragic and pathetic.

Karrion At Your Convenience 

They think it's funny and will eventually get Kross over as a babyface comedy character except it definitely won't. 

Karrion Regardless

They are doing something intentionally bad just to spite the perfomer or someone backstage.

Karrion Dick

See you in a couple of weeks. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Almost as much as people still trying to act like NXT is as good now as it’s ever been, the way people are reacting to Kross on the main roster perfectly illustrates how much tribalism has risen amongst pro-wrestling fans in the last year or so.

Just because he’s coming from NXT, and was NXT Champion. That’s enough for him to be perceived as one of, “our guys,” with everyone acting like he’s some super worker or can’t miss prospect that’s being buried by the big baddie Vince. Fuck off. He’s a completely average worker and a shit promo, with no aura or authenticity no matter how much he GROWLS, GRITS HIS TEETH and WIDENS HIS EYES.

Why do you keep banging this drum? I'm seeing this opinion nowhere on here?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Why do you keep banging this drum? I'm seeing this opinion nowhere on here?

Not on here. I just meant the overall opinion online. It’s not been on here partly because I think everyone’s got their head screwed on and partly because barely anyone even discusses Raw anymore. Apologies if I’m being a bit of a Pitcos arguing with thin air against an opinion that no-one on here has expressed, I just find it fascinating that every Tuesday morning the headline is always, “can you believe what they did with Kross,” and without fail my response is always, “yes, I can believe it. He’s crap.”

Frankly, I wish people would talk about what’s truly the most interesting thing about Raw, and that’s the selling of Omos. Look, I get it, when you’re super lanky they’ll give you every chance in the world to learn and develop. And I understand that he’s green as grass. But everything he does feels like an alien who’s badly trying to convince everyone he’s a human. It’s like he’s never existed in the real world, was created in a lab and just had to guess how people react to things like being hit with a scooter!