Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Loki said:

That’s the nightmare situation Neil.  Not sure I could help myself, I’d want to go down there and be with my remaining parent.  Has she also been tested?

Yeah they eventually tested her and confirmed she was positive, which was obvious at that point because there was really no other way her husband could've got it.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, neil said:

Sadly this happened. My girlfriends father passed away over the weekend. To put all this in a horrible context for those who think "fuck social distancing I ain't scared of it", none of their family was able to see their Dad before he passed, none of them have been able to be with their Mum during this whole time. It will be TWO WHOLE WEEKS before she's able to see anyone and has had to deal with her husband dying completely by herself.

So do stay isolated, because if one of your family gets it this is may be what you have to go through.

So sorry to hear that. And yeah, if that is not a wake up call to anyone on the fence I don't know what is.

My daughter is having daily zoom/facetime calls with her friends at school, and she is face timing her Nan as well because we have explained we can't see her for a while. She was upset, but she understands she can't see these people at the moment.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, neil said:

Sadly this happened. My girlfriends father passed away over the weekend. To put all this in a horrible context for those who think "fuck social distancing I ain't scared of it", none of their family was able to see their Dad before he passed, none of them have been able to be with their Mum during this whole time. It will be TWO WHOLE WEEKS before she's able to see anyone and has had to deal with her husband dying completely by herself.

So do stay isolated, because if one of your family gets it this is may be what you have to go through.

So sorry to hear that, neil. All the best to you all.

Ol’ Blacklung here never got a message. Guess they wrote me off already. I can’t say I blame them

EDIT - So sorry to hear that, neil. Hope you can all get through such a horrible time. Just spoke to my brother, his two year old has been admitted to hospital with the symptoms and has been tested. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, neil said:

Really sorry to hear that news, neil.

This fucking virus, and the dickheads who tare still actively ignoring the social distancing rules can fuck off now.

That's a horrendous situation, sorry to hear that Neil.

Our own situation just got worse (though nowhere near that level, thankfully). My wife switched jobs in February, and so doesn't qualify for the government wage covering scheme, and they've let her go because of that - and being an American here on a spouse visa she can't go on Universal Credit either. In the short term we'll skate by, but in the long-term I'm scared this could end up with us not being able to afford her staying here etc.

• Paid Members

Really sorry to hear that neil. That's a horrible thing to deal with at the best of times. 

People are still not taking this seriously enough. My brother has been in work today, just securing everything and making sure that all the flammable liquids were safely stored. The garage next to where he works were doing the same thing and had cancelled all of their work, or so they thought. A man who must have been in his 80s turned up at 10.30 having driven to just south of Lincoln from Scunthorpe wanting his car serviced because he had booked it in and even though he had the message saying it was cancelled he thought he'd be able to get it done because they had cancelled everyone else. He got told to fuck off back to Scunthorpe and stop being a dick. 

Then as he was driving home there were about 30 kids playing football on the playing fields. 

There will have to be a further lockdown yet.