Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

9 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Semantics but Easter is a week and a half away. Who on earth thinks this is blowing over in 10 days?

We can't seriously expect the economy to shut down for months on end. That kind of reaction will end up killing more people than coronavirus ever could. 

We need a sensible approach to this, and expecting people to stay indoors for months on end isn't it. On top of that, do we actually believe that those staying home from work are going to continue to be paid for work they're not doing? Companies are going to start to fold, and the government can't pay an entire population every month.

I believe we'll end up with a scenario where those who are ill are told to stay home on sick pay, and those who are considered medically vulnerable will have to do the same. As for the rest of us? We'll need to get back to it before too long, otherwise the coronavirus will be the least of our worries.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

I know times are tough for you at the moment, game pass is currently 20.99 for 3 months including gold, if it'll help you and you need it, hit me up and I will buy it for you to help you stay sane

Thanks for the offer, Ralphy. I've got plenty of games to keep me occupied. Need to give the flat a bloody good tidy as well. Hopefully we'll get chance to play something in the next few weeks. 

Sorry to hear the crap news Neil. I hope your girlfriend is dealing with it as best they can. 

My mates father in law was the 'wall of kindness death' from a few weeks ago. She lost her own father just prior to Xmas and is utterly bereft. 

I've been running a smallish Facebook group showing films, general chat and trying to keep people's spirits up and away from the madness. 

Still woke up to find two people have had welfare checks over night though. 

Check on those who go quiet. Use the Samaritans Small Talk, Saves Lives Guidance to check on others. 

Me, just finished 4th lot of antibiotics since surgery. My immune system is shot, but I'll try and do what I can when I can. Stuck 200 miles away from home with my folks but will keep trying to help til I can't. 

16 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Just spoke to my brother, his two year old has been admitted to hospital with the symptoms and has been tested

Came back negative. He is still quite ill so instead of keeping him in, they have to bring him back this evening and again tomorrow. Their resources must be stretched like Joan Rivers face. 

• Paid Members

I’m at work today and as our workshops are obviously closed up, we’re just pitching in at our orgs drop in centre more than usual.

As a lot of local food banks have now closed, we’re handing out bags of food to homeless & vulnerable people. We arranged around 30+ bags 1 hour ago and have none left. People are still turning up hoping for the best.
Really not trying to sound preachy or self righteous here, but If you are in a position to donate food to projects in your local area, please do, we’re desperate for it. Lots of info on FB/social media about where you can drop food off in your town/city (obviously abiding by rules of leaving the house). 
Felt like the right place to pop this mods. By all means move it you wish.
Cheers.

683332DD-A47F-4EA6-91D5-12EE2B957D56.jpeg

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Would advise people to follow the select committee at the moment. Its given me some hope that with these measures we may be able to get a hold on this.

The Guardian are updating it regularly:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/mar/25/uk-coronavirus-live-news-covid-19-pmqs-boris-johnson-parliament-to-close-early-for-easter-recess

Seen the state of the dandruff on Johnson? The other half is watching in SD and it looks like someone's been doing lines off his shoulders.