Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

@quote the raven

I will be in the same position come 06th April should my company not change their position. To be fair my company (who I never name publicly online) is being way more compassionate than the shitecway you are being treated.

I am looking daily at both Government and DiabetesUK advice.

In your position do you know if the NHS volunteers campaign are accepting at risk people like us.

If they are not then that could be a precedent for you.

Good luck mate

No way will nhs accept people at high risk. I will bide my time keep records and seek advise. 

• Paid Members
On 3/24/2020 at 12:01 PM, tiger_rick said:

We've been asked to take a pay cut amid threat of redundancies. Obvious something would have to give but still a bit shit. At least my MOT and Service isn't due in April. Oh, actually, of course it fucking is!

Don't know if you've seen this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52036333

As critical as we are of those quietly or openly flouting protective measures, I'd like to know exactly what share of the population we're talking about. Because if it's even slightly over half then that's the will of the people and we mustn't question it.

This is hitting home hard now. My sister has it as does my 5 year old nephew. He is ok and just has abit of a cough, my sister who is late 30's is bed ridden and suffering. She is stocked up on food and supplies but none of the family can go round to help them. This is all so fucked up. She had to teach him how to call his grandma if his mum needed an ambulance.

I almost bit on Worthits shite, but then realised he is probably just one of those pathetic fuckwits whose been banned here 20 times.

• Paid Members

My wife, who has been pretty calm about the whole thing, is now getting more concerned. We have been following all measures as well as staying in, not seeing family etc.  We know someone who is working on making the hospital at Excel, and the talk of how many beds they are putting in, and the morgue, scared her. I have tried to tell her that we are seeing way more people being diagnosed and recovering than dying, but she is now worried this is worse then we are being told.

Any advice?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

This is hitting home hard now. My sister has it as does my 5 year old nephew. He is ok and just has abit of a cough, my sister who is late 30's is bed ridden and suffering. She is stocked up on food and supplies but none of the family can go round to help them. This is all so fucked up. She had to teach him how to call his grandma if his mum needed an ambulance.

I almost bit on Worthits shite, but then realised he is probably just one of those pathetic fuckwits whose been banned here 20 times.

We had a similar situation with the mother in law being unwell.  We don't think it is Covid-19. It's more likely some sort of infection. The mother in law needed help. The only person who was able to go was my wife. She's been there since Sunday and the mother in law has improved in leaps and bounds. She even managed to soak up a bit of sun in the garden today. As her mother was displaying some of the symptoms. The wife will have to stay put for two weeks. Meanwhile I get to wfh from my personal mobile as we dont have enough laptops at work. Been doing my best to keep any eye on neighbours and keeping in touch with freinds and family. Stay safe guys.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

No wonder she’s worried!

I really need grammarly on my phone! I’ve written 73,000 words for a book and I wish I’d kept score of the Then/Than.

anyway, any advice?

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Don't publish the book.

As hilarious as this all is, I really would like some reassurance in how to deal with a wife who is panicking that she cannot work and is self employed so no idea when she has any money coming in (hopefully resolved tomorrow).  is having to look after 2 kids full time because my son was turned away from his school, even with EHC because of my wife having to give up work due to the lockdown, and worried if she gets it she will die. Just something to give me a glimmer of hope to stop her wanting to cry every few minutes.