Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, neil said:

Thanks for all the kind words lads, appreciate it ❤️

Just seen your post, as everyone else has said, sorry to hear of your horrible news and take care of you and yours mate.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

I'm so angry at the lack of clarity offered by the UK Government. The guidelines are so full of caveats and potential loopholes.

There are so many people heading to work that, in reality, couldn't be described as essential in any way, shape or form.

On top of that, I can see long term implications for tourism in this part of the world, even when this is all over. Locals are fed up, I've never seen such anger.

This past weekend, despite repeated warnings calling on people not to travel, Snowdonia had one of its busiest ever weekends as seemingly half the population of Lancashire and Merseyside rocked up like we have massive hospitals around here and/or are living in such an idyllic place that viruses don't travel this far west or something.

Kind of sums it up.

http://www.deeside.com/covid-19-unprecedented-scenes-in-snowdonia-on-saturday-despite-social-distancing-measures/

stream_img.jpg

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I'm so angry at the lack of clarity offered by the UK Government. The guidelines are so full of caveats and potential loopholes.

I'm seeing so many people heading to work that, in reality, couldn't be described as essential in any way, shape or form.

I don't think it's a lack of clarity. From Hancock's comments about construction, etc,it seems clear that they think it's OK for businesses to carry on as close to normal as possible as long as they are not "non-essential retail", pubs, restaurants and social hubs like theatres and cinemas. I don't agree with it but it's absolutely clear that they're not wanting to shutdown everything.

There are still wankers who refuse to comply but the further locking down does seem to have had some effect. I'm working from home on one of the busiest roads in the area and it's clear that things are not "as normal". Traffic is moving but far less than normal and while people are going by, they're almost all exercising or dog-walking and the only groups I've seen have been families.

My parents have a guy who does their garden, and a helper who comes in twice a week.  They’re still rocking up even during this lockdown.

I’m not 100% happy about it but they will need the money and can drop supplies in for my folks.

5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I don't think it's a lack of clarity. From Hancock's comments about construction, etc,it seems clear that they think it's OK for businesses to carry on as close to normal as possible as long as they are not "non-essential retail", pubs, restaurants and social hubs like theatres and cinemas. I don't agree with it but it's absolutely clear that they're not wanting to shutdown everything.

There are still wankers who refuse to comply but the further locking down does seem to have had some effect. I'm working from home on one of the busiest roads in the area and it's clear that things are not "as normal". Traffic is moving but far less than normal and while people are going by, they're almost all exercising or dog-walking and the only groups I've seen have been families.

Had to make a trip today and it's very quiet down my end as well. Some families out for a walk (which is following guidelines) along with individuals here and there and mostly keeping their distance and I even saw some pensioners talking a good distance apart from each other.

Made a point of taking the lesser used routes. My bank is currently operating under a four people in at one time rule and no one was complaining.

Also not a single police officer seen so I'm guessing that people are mostly doing as they are told around here right now.

I'm basically incorporating anything that needs doing into the daily walk so I don't need to leave the house more than once.

Looks like I'm expected in work on Monday though which is a ballache.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

There are so many people heading to work that, in reality, couldn't be described as essential in any way, shape or form.

On top of that, I can see long term implications for tourism in this part of the world, even when this is all over.

This past weekend, despite repeated warnings calling on people not to travel, Snowdonia had one of its busiest ever weekends as seemingly half the population of Lancashire and Merseyside rocked up like we have massive hospitals around here and/or are living in such an idyllic place that viruses don't travel this far west or something.

Kind of sums it up.

http://www.deeside.com/covid-19-unprecedented-scenes-in-snowdonia-on-saturday-despite-social-distancing-measures/

stream_img.jpg

My sister lives on Pontycystlle aqueduct and spent all Monday shouting "fuck off home" at the tourists. Have they all descended upon Abersoch yet to decimate it? 

• Paid Members
Just now, PowerButchi said:

My sister lives on Pontycystlle aqueduct and spent all Monday shouting "fuck off home" at the tourists. Have they all descended upon Abersoch yet to decimate it? 

Of course. Some of the stupid cunts were even gathering in closed pub gardens on Sunday.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/nurses-shock-drinkers-gather-outside-17960225