Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

We were out in the street clapping like everyone. It's a strange, strange feeling; on one hand there's an overwhelming sense of togetherness in terms of appreciation for those who are helping to run the country, but on the other hand, I think tonight is the closest I've felt to that 'war time' sense of danger. I realise, of course, that there are people who lived through far worse conditions in relatively recent living memory, but since lockdown began, tonight's felt like the first 'fuck, this is a really big problem' moment for me. And that's as someone who has been vehemently following the rules!

There was a fair amount of clapping on our road, it was lovely. I live in inner london and even though it's a small gesture made with minimum effort, that type of civic mindedness is something I think we need more of as a country. We are all in this together and have more in common than we all think! 

I had to go to the shops and forgot about this clapping thing. The whole of my street outside their £1million+ houses clapping and whooping, staring at me as I walked past daring NOT TO CLAP AND WEAR MY POPPY.

Half tempted to say to them that the best way to support the NHS would be to not vote for a party that has decimated it for the past 10 years but #bekind and all that.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Local Facebook's already heavy with posts shaming people for not clapping. Imagine if this crosses over into poppy season.

I bet those shaming people are Tory voters as well, in some sick show of irony

• Moderators

Fireworks? Fucking hell. Richie Freebird wasn't there calling it Bommy night was he? 

I appreciate the NHS deserve more plaudits (perhaps not voting in the commons against payrises for Nurses might be a start?) but fucking Fireworks are taking it too far. Fireworks are taking it too fucking far on November 5th, never mind in March.