Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

As a care assistant for elderly and people with dementia and being in a building that’s been decimated by this virus the clapping at 8.00 brought more then a few tears to my eye 

  • Paid Members
Posted

We were out in the street clapping like everyone. It's a strange, strange feeling; on one hand there's an overwhelming sense of togetherness in terms of appreciation for those who are helping to run the country, but on the other hand, I think tonight is the closest I've felt to that 'war time' sense of danger. I realise, of course, that there are people who lived through far worse conditions in relatively recent living memory, but since lockdown began, tonight's felt like the first 'fuck, this is a really big problem' moment for me. And that's as someone who has been vehemently following the rules!

Posted (edited)

I didn't clap. But then I live alone in an apartment so I don't think clapping by myself really does much. I'll just make a donation to the local hospitals' charity instead.

Edited by The Maestro
Boom. Clap.
Posted

There was a fair amount of clapping on our road, it was lovely. I live in inner london and even though it's a small gesture made with minimum effort, that type of civic mindedness is something I think we need more of as a country. We are all in this together and have more in common than we all think! 

  • Members
Posted

I had to go to the shops and forgot about this clapping thing. The whole of my street outside their £1million+ houses clapping and whooping, staring at me as I walked past daring NOT TO CLAP AND WEAR MY POPPY.

Half tempted to say to them that the best way to support the NHS would be to not vote for a party that has decimated it for the past 10 years but #bekind and all that.

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Local Facebook's already heavy with posts shaming people for not clapping. Imagine if this crosses over into poppy season.

I bet those shaming people are Tory voters as well, in some sick show of irony

Posted
12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I had my headphones in watching some Japanese people chop each other up at 8pm... didn't realise till about 10 minutes ago.

Ever fancy watching wrestling? 

  • Moderators
Posted

Fireworks? Fucking hell. Richie Freebird wasn't there calling it Bommy night was he? 

 

I appreciate the NHS deserve more plaudits (perhaps not voting in the commons against payrises for Nurses might be a start?) but fucking Fireworks are taking it too far. Fireworks are taking it too fucking far on November 5th, never mind in March. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...