Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

6 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The NEC/Birmingham International is going to be used as a hospital and mortuary.

This will always have been in any Governments plans.

Though scary times it is reassuring in a way to see this.

If any Government within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland not admit this then people see the military set it up then, in these days of Social  media, panic would set in.

Hope that makes sense 

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Reminds me of when I saw Slayer and Mindfunk there.  That was a rough gig.

I've been to a few gaming conventions there, the smell should be about the same.

Jokes aside, it does make sense but it hits home just how real and devastating this all is.

Edited by Merzbow

Fucking garden party happening on the street right now, apparently the inflatable hot tub is going up tomorrow. Unbelievable. Might have organised an annonymous phone call to 101.

I got stopped on my way to pick the kids up before, '50 were pretty embarassed when they realised I was an official Postal Officer and they waved me on. 

• Paid Members

Someone just forwarded this on WhatsApp:

This is a text from an NHS worker

As of tomorrow, do not leave home for bread for anything! Because the worst begins tomorrow as the incubation date is met and many people that are positive with the virus start to peak!!  It’s at this time other people are most vulnerable! so it is very important to stay home and not to be in contact with anybody, even members of your family if possible!! Being very careful is very important and very crucial at this time!!

As from tomorrow we are going to see the start of the peak of those that are positive, then there will be two weeks of calm and then two weeks where it decreases.

* What happened in Italy is that they neglected the contagion period and that is why all the cases turned out together and so badly, plus they didn’t know what they were dealing with *.

* And finally, please do not receive visits from anyone, not even from the same family.  This is all for the good of all. *

WE WILL BE IN THE MAXIMUM STAGE OF INFECTION.

* DO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS MESSAGE, PASS IT ON TO ALL YOUR CONTACTS *

Edited by tiger_rick

Fucking hell, yes.

Edit : Ok, so you edited out the 'should I block him' part which makes my reply make less sense. It's needless panicking, the message is already out there, avoid going out unless absolutely necessary and maintain distancing if you do. I get that it might be a misguided attempt to shit up people who are ignoring the advice but they won't be affected by this, the ones who are already scared will be and this is going to make people even more scared.

Edited by Bicurious Dad