Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Well my wife is getting worse. Stuck in bed and aching all over. I really hope this is just some bug, but as she has not been anywhere for the last 2 weeks it is hard to imagine what has caused it. Both my little girl and myself are fine and as I do the food runs it is most likely to be something I have brought back into the house. 

I hope it's just some bug but in the event it is the dreaded virus, remember there is a very VERY high chance she will be fine. Finger crossed for you. Don't blame yourself for this- it could've sat dormant with her before she was stuck at home and plus even if you brought it back, it's very hard to completely avoid given the current situation. 

• Paid Members

Shitehouse Bright House have folded as a result of so many customers unable to meet their monthly repayments, due to Coronavirus.

Good. The fuckers prey on the vulnerable and plunge them further into debt. Nasty company.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Thank you guys. I'm just stressing with her being pregnant. It's all a bit much. 

This link looks useful - basically, there's nothing to suggest pregnant women are more likely to get it, nothing to suggest their being pregnant is likely to cause complications with the virus, and no evidence to suggest a higher likelihood of miscarriage.

https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/coronavirus-pregnancy/covid-19-virus-infection-and-pregnancy/

Not saying it isn't scary, or that you shouldn't take any precautions you deem fit (including contacting health professionals if you can). But if you can reduce the anxiety around it, that might be of some benefit too.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Shitehouse Bright House have folded as a result of so many customers unable to meet their monthly repayments, due to Coronavirus.

Good. The fuckers prey on the vulnerable and plunge them further into debt. Nasty company.

Does that mean all the poor fuckers paying ÂŁ1000 for basic white goods won't have to pay them off? Every cloud and all that.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Just now, Mr_Danger said:

Does that mean all the poor fuckers paying ÂŁ1000 for basic whute goods won't have to pay them off? Every cloud and all that.

Decent company, I turned down a job with them in 2016 in favour of a counter offer from the payday lender I worked for at the time.....240 stores, 2400 lost jobs and the one thing you can be sure of is they will sell on the debt - so nobody will get their goods for free.

Although I was always uncomfortable in payday lending, the 'rent to own' space wasn't as murky - folks could get household items with no down payment and pay for them in weekly installments - providing access to items for millions of households that would otherwise not be able to afford them. If they wanted out of the debt, they return the items (so no debt collectors, ever). Of course, they were paying a premium - but that's because they want brand new items, such consumers are high risk & offer no collateral. 

Bright House's demise will leave a gaping hole for their customer base

3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Didn't they get in trouble a couple of years back for being utter scumbags?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

Decent company

Well isn't this a shocking revelation 

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

folks could get household items with no down payment and pay for them in weekly installments - providing access to items for millions of households that would otherwise not be able to afford them

And having them pay 400% of the retail value for them in the long run. Those that couldn't afford them would spend MUCH more than wealthier folk would for the same product- thus increasing the ever growing gulf between the rich and the poor.

Yeah, decent company.