Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The furlough thing though is supposed to have the company pay for the remaining 20% not just not pay you at all. Are any of them doing that? Or have we taken something that worked in Norway and just made it accessible for wankers?

Some are. Mine isn't. Although I'm getting 80% of my wage to work so wouldn't be happy if other people were getting 100% not to!

12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Some are. Mine isn't. Although I'm getting 80% of my wage to work so wouldn't be happy if other people were getting 100% not to!

Hang on - as I understood it they'll pay 80% if the company furlough you, which means you can't work.  If you're working you should get full pay.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hang on - as I understood it they'll pay 80% if the company furlough you, which means you can't work.  If you're working you should get full pay.

We were all asked to take a 20% pay cut. Then they started the furloughing. It's very sly.

Well that means they'll be paying your wages themselves with no help from the government, so that's a different thing.  If they think they can cut pay by 20% and then get the govt to pay all that, they won't.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Well that means they'll be paying your wages themselves with no help from the government, so that's a different thing.  If they think they can cut pay by 20% and then get the govt to pay all that, they won't.

Is that right? Based on Lister's post earlier, it suggests it's gonna be based on your regular wage over 12 months. The furlough wage is capped at £2,500 per month which will cost my colleagues a few quid anyway.

22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Fucking hell. I've never seen anything on here that needed saying less.

And that's saying something.

Christ, I thought it was a nice thing to share as well. Probably best I don't tell you what I bought for the gentleman who imports my shirts and shoes from the Orient.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

That’s a lovely thing to do. You should’ve filmed it though. 

I was considering buying the other cleaner an iPhone, and he could have filmed it. In all honesty though, the lad had mentioned that he'd bought his son the VR set and some games for the PS4 he already had, only for the fucking console to go on the blink a couple of weeks before the big day. 

I had the cash spare and thought it was a nice thing to do. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Christ, I thought it was a nice thing to share as well. Probably best I don't tell you what I bought for the gentleman who imports my shirts and shoes from the Orient.

I was considering buying the other cleaner an iPhone, and he could have filmed it. In all honesty though, the lad had mentioned that he'd bought his son the VR set and some games for the PS4 he already had, only for the fucking console to go on the blink a couple of weeks before the big day. 

I had the cash spare and thought it was a nice thing to do. 

It was a nice thing to do. The way you (humble) bragged about it was fucking rank.

Just now, SuperBacon said:

It was a nice thing to do. The way you (humble) bragged about it was fucking rank.

I only brought it up because I was told "to fucking tip them," as if I was some sort of miserly cunt. I'm not. I made the initial comment because I think that guys like him should be getting paid while waiting this shit out with their families, not cleaning a fucking landing floor that no one is using just now while we're all staying indoors.

Essential services we've been told. These poor cunts are being paid minimum wage by an agency to do a job that they shouldn't be leaving their houses for just now. 

1 minute ago, David said:

I only brought it up because I was told "to fucking tip them," as if I was some sort of miserly cunt. I'm not. I made the initial comment because I think that guys like him should be getting paid while waiting this shit out with their families, not cleaning a fucking landing floor that no one is using just now while we're all staying indoors.

Essential services we've been told. These poor cunts are being paid minimum wage by an agency to do a job that they shouldn't be leaving their houses for just now. 

"Fucking tip them David!"

"I do tip them"

Simple innit?