Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

And JK Rowling.

I dunno. She’s outted herself as cretin on Twitter. And a family friend was her accountant for a while and said she was very diva like.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Must say Newcastle and Spurs cutting the wages of the non playing staff by 20% has enraged me this morning.

The furlough thing is still poorly defined but while there's no restriction on it, football clubs are going to take advantage of it. They'll all do anything to make or save a buck.

Be interesting to see if anyone uses it for players. I've no idea what that would mean contractually. Could even see clubs, probably lower down the pyramid, putting some players on it but keeping paying the ones they daren't risk losing for nothing.

Her stance on Scottish Independence and Labour the last few years just came across as incredibly smug. The main thing they went after her was on the fact she said she believed biological sex was a real thing. Got into it with the Trans rights people.  On that i have more sympathy for her, but I enjoyed the pile on as she lives in a fucking castle.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

And JK Rowling.

For years I was convinced I'd read that she used to live in a bin when she was really hard up before Harry Potter. Turns out that never happened. I was so sure as well.

As you were. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

The main thing they went after her was on the fact she said she believed biological sex was a real thing. Got into it with the Trans rights people.  On that i have more sympathy for her

Why?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Factotum said:

Simply as what she said wasn't proportionate to the backlash she received. I just didn't like the pile on nature of it was all. Didn't say I agreed or disagreed with her. I'm not informed enough to have an opinion on it.

Then you're in no position to comment on whether the backlash was proportionate enough.