Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

And JK Rowling.

I dunno. She’s outted herself as cretin on Twitter. And a family friend was her accountant for a while and said she was very diva like.

 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I dunno. She’s outted herself as cretin on Twitter. 

 

What did she do, support UKIP or something? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Must say Newcastle and Spurs cutting the wages of the non playing staff by 20% has enraged me this morning.

The furlough thing is still poorly defined but while there's no restriction on it, football clubs are going to take advantage of it. They'll all do anything to make or save a buck.

Be interesting to see if anyone uses it for players. I've no idea what that would mean contractually. Could even see clubs, probably lower down the pyramid, putting some players on it but keeping paying the ones they daren't risk losing for nothing.

Posted

Her stance on Scottish Independence and Labour the last few years just came across as incredibly smug. The main thing they went after her was on the fact she said she believed biological sex was a real thing. Got into it with the Trans rights people.  On that i have more sympathy for her, but I enjoyed the pile on as she lives in a fucking castle.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

And JK Rowling.

For years I was convinced I'd read that she used to live in a bin when she was really hard up before Harry Potter. Turns out that never happened. I was so sure as well.

As you were. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Wasn't it get food out of bins?

Probably, but that's not what my brain chose to recall for several years.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Factotum said:

The main thing they went after her was on the fact she said she believed biological sex was a real thing. Got into it with the Trans rights people.  On that i have more sympathy for her

Why?

Posted
Quote

Why?

Simply as what she said wasn't proportionate to the backlash she received. I just didn't like the pile on nature of it was all. Didn't say I agreed or disagreed with her. I'm not informed enough to have an opinion on it.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Factotum said:

Simply as what she said wasn't proportionate to the backlash she received. I just didn't like the pile on nature of it was all. Didn't say I agreed or disagreed with her. I'm not informed enough to have an opinion on it.

Then you're in no position to comment on whether the backlash was proportionate enough.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...