Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

"Fucking tip them David!"

"I do tip them"

Simple innit? 

Because that wouldn’t have been met with replies along the lines of “Vet you gave them 50p you stingey porridge wog” from the likes of you* would it?

*me

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Hang on - as I understood it they'll pay 80% if the company furlough you, which means you can't work.  If you're working you should get full pay.

Yeah what Loki said. @tiger_rick sounds like they're taking the right piss here. They're just essentially cutting your salary, you might want to look into that to see if they can do that. I know you'll consider yourself lucky to still have a job, and you're right given what's going on, but that doesn't mean firms can take the piss. They can't have their cake and eat it. 

We're putting some on furlough at work, and are covering half of the shortfall, so that means staff will get 90% of their salary (and not work).

9 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Ever since I got back from my walk earlier I have been burning up, going cold and hot and had headaches and feel sick, have I simply done too much or should I be concerned? 

Do you have a temperature Ralphy?  Have you got a thermometer?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Ever since I got back from my walk earlier I have been burning up, going cold and hot and had headaches and feel sick, have I simply done too much or should I be concerned? 

Well, yes. You are showing symptoms. Doesn't mean you've caught it, of course.

Personally, unless you've got any other health problems, I'd just take it easy for now, isolate yourself and see if they pass. I'll stress that I'm not a Doctor though. Use the 111 service is you start getting really concerned..

Hope you feel better soon.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Have you contacted your MP? It seems like the kind of thing that they should be involved in. It's illegal to force an employee to do something that they feel is unsafe, which is clearly what they are trying to do in your case.

I really don't understand how companies can be so short sighted about this. It's not like we're going to be in lockdown forever, and employees are going to remember how they were treated. It's going to be very hard to retain staff when you've made it clear how little their lives are worth.

They are waiting on me to quit. But there’s no point as I can’t get another job unless I can work alone anyway. My fellow work mates that are going in said they will leave over it.

I will certainly be gone as soon as I’m able.