Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

4 minutes ago, Factotum said:

People filming their street clapping means they themselves are not clapping.

On the footballers thing. I agree that we should start with the owners first before we go down to the players.

No, you can start with the owners of the clubs, then the owners of every multi-billion pound company that evades tax in this country, then the rest of the billionaires, and you can let the players decide what they want to do with their money, like everyone else does.

The obsession in this country over football players wages is pathetic and weird.

7 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I don't know the in's and out's of it. You normally get about 3 or 4 per month, and each sounds like it comes from different parts of tows so either it;s the same dealers moving around to throw off the rozzers, or each delaer set's their own off as and when...

That sounds like an urban myth to me. They'd have to spend money on fireworks to let people know when they could do what everyone else does and send WhatsApp messages or texts.

Even if they were concerned about those messages being traced, checking out where the firework came from is surely a giveaway.

• Paid Members

My takeon the footballers thing, is that we can't just have a blanket opinion on them. Some will hae looked after their money and easily afford to give up/defer their wages to allow the non-playing staff to be paid, but there will be a big chunk that have pissed it up the wall and will still live payday to payday(dispite the eye watering wages).

I've mentioned before that my (now ex) brother-in-law is a player that as played over 400 games, mainly in the Championship, but a few in League 1 too. His highest wage was in the £6k a week range, so good money, but certainly not retire at 35 and do fuck all after money. He's been tight with his money, so could probably afford to defer a wage or two to help out, but thats it. His previous club was one where they had a number of players on Premier League wages(£30k-£45k per week), and none of them had any savings of note by all accounts. They owed so much on car loans/leases(taking an expensive 3 year lease out, getting bored of the car after 6 months, so giving it back and swapping for another and wrapping the outstanding 2.5 year lease into the payment. And they did this over and over), spend thousands per week on expensive clothes, holidays and basically spunking money on shit incestmants that a month without any money would financially ruin them(I've said it would save them right for being dickheads and blowing their priveledged position). 

No, you can start with the owners of the clubs, then the owners of every multi-billion pound company that evades tax in this country, then the rest of the billionaires, and you can let the players decide what they want to do with their money, like everyone else does.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm not saying that right after club owners we should automatically go down to footballers. I meant that if we're starting on football we should start up top before we even discuss players wages.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Sphinx said:

That sounds like an urban myth to me. They'd have to spend money on fireworks to let people know when they could do what everyone else does and send WhatsApp messages or texts.

Even if they were concerned about those messages being traced, checking out where the firework came from is surely a giveaway.

Sorry for the double post.

It's 100% true. It was started about 10 years ago by a local "gangster" who was married to my mum's best friend. He used to sell dodgy fags and alcohol that he smuggled in using his trucking company and set the fireworks off to let people know a truckload had been delivered. After he was sent down, the dealers cottoned on and started it themselves.

6 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Maybe I wasn't clear. I'm not saying that right after club owners we should automatically go down to footballers. I meant that if we're starting on football we should start up top before we even discuss players wages.

I'd go after those who can't quote properly before I'd go after football players tbh.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Drug dealers letting off FIREWORKS to alert of new drugs. Do some of you live in the 1800s? 

I live in Barnsley, so 1800's isn't far off the mark!

4 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Should for example Harry Kane On 200k a week continue to get that as spurs dump 550 staff over to furloughed. 

He wouldn’t let that happen because he is a massive Tory. 

34 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

It's not an urban myth. I associate it with deprived areas where drug abuse is rife. It's a very simple & quick way of letting your druggy community know it is "party time".

With regards to the location of the mini bomb, it can be done almost anywhere locally because the customers already know where to go, it's not like they have to look for the smoke, crack open some sparklers & pretend it's Guy Fawkes Night.