Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Ever since I got back from my walk earlier I have been burning up, going cold and hot and had headaches and feel sick, have I simply done too much or should I be concerned? 

If you've got a thermometer, you're looking for anything above 100C (37.7F) as a sign of a fever. If you haven't, the NHS advice is to see if either your chest or back are hot to touch.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Factotum said:

The furlough thing though is supposed to have the company pay for the remaining 20% not just not pay you at all. Are any of them doing that? Or have we taken something that worked in Norway and just made it accessible for wankers?

It's completely voluntary for the company whether they pay the remaining 20 percent. They do have to use the 80 percent from the government to pay you though. And they don't get the government money unless you are completely off work.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, JNLister said:

It's completely voluntary for the company whether they pay the remaining 20 percent. They do have to use the 80 percent from the government to pay you though. And they don't get the government money unless you are completely off work.

And they have to demonstrate why the employees in question cannot work in order to get the furlough funding from the government

oh no, i'm furlough! i managed almost to the end of week two of lockdown but now the work has dried up to the point where my work can't afford to pay the two of us in the department so from tomorrow i'm at home with my family for at least two weeks, it's being reassessd after that depending on the workload. I've been coping with the lockdown thing quite well as, well, i've not been on lockdown because i've been working two and a half days a week so i've been able to get away and not have the meltdowns that attempts at homeschooling have been causing. Even though it was inevitable the thought of it is a bit daunting now its actually happening. At least for the first time in 16 years i'll be able to stop up and watch Mania live.... oh.

EDIT -  it's the 80% pay i'll be getting, but they said i can use a days holiday a week to take it to full pay, but i wont be doing that unless it goes on for months -  after all this blows over i'll need a few days off work to recover from it.

Edited by Harry Wiseau

Sticking this in the covid thread, though it's just unrelated weird shit...unless we're all being monitored and scanned by our galactic superiors.
I was just having a smoke in my spare room. Caught something unusual in my peripheral vision. Ignored it until it appeared again, moments later.
A single blue light (in a cloud), which then became 2, moving more or less horizontally. More appeared, spinning rapidly across the cloud, at times forming 2 spinning circles, with maybe 2 dozen lights in each.
Something odd happened around 7 years ago, but I was the only witness. At least this time, I managed to get 2 other witnesses before it eventually stopped. This was just after 9 P.M.

10 minutes ago, KingofSports said:

Sticking this in the covid thread, though it's just unrelated weird shit...unless we're all being monitored and scanned by our galactic superiors.
I was just having a smoke in my spare room. Caught something unusual in my peripheral vision. Ignored it until it appeared again, moments later.
A single blue light (in a cloud), which then became 2, moving more or less horizontally. More appeared, spinning rapidly across the cloud, at times forming 2 spinning circles, with maybe 2 dozen lights in each.
Something odd happened around 7 years ago, but I was the only witness. At least this time, I managed to get 2 other witnesses before it eventually stopped. This was just after 9 P.M.

71I5kEt.jpg