Paid Members JNLister Posted April 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 1, 2020 4 hours ago, Ralphy said: Ever since I got back from my walk earlier I have been burning up, going cold and hot and had headaches and feel sick, have I simply done too much or should I be concerned? If you've got a thermometer, you're looking for anything above 100C (37.7F) as a sign of a fever. If you haven't, the NHS advice is to see if either your chest or back are hot to touch. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted April 1, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 1, 2020 7 hours ago, Factotum said: The furlough thing though is supposed to have the company pay for the remaining 20% not just not pay you at all. Are any of them doing that? Or have we taken something that worked in Norway and just made it accessible for wankers? It's completely voluntary for the company whether they pay the remaining 20 percent. They do have to use the 80 percent from the government to pay you though. And they don't get the government money unless you are completely off work. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted April 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2020 2 hours ago, JNLister said: It's completely voluntary for the company whether they pay the remaining 20 percent. They do have to use the 80 percent from the government to pay you though. And they don't get the government money unless you are completely off work. And they have to demonstrate why the employees in question cannot work in order to get the furlough funding from the government Quote
Harry Wiseau Posted April 2, 2020 Posted April 2, 2020 (edited) oh no, i'm furlough! i managed almost to the end of week two of lockdown but now the work has dried up to the point where my work can't afford to pay the two of us in the department so from tomorrow i'm at home with my family for at least two weeks, it's being reassessd after that depending on the workload. I've been coping with the lockdown thing quite well as, well, i've not been on lockdown because i've been working two and a half days a week so i've been able to get away and not have the meltdowns that attempts at homeschooling have been causing. Even though it was inevitable the thought of it is a bit daunting now its actually happening. At least for the first time in 16 years i'll be able to stop up and watch Mania live.... oh. EDIT - it's the 80% pay i'll be getting, but they said i can use a days holiday a week to take it to full pay, but i wont be doing that unless it goes on for months - after all this blows over i'll need a few days off work to recover from it. Edited April 2, 2020 by Harry Wiseau Quote
KingofSports Posted April 2, 2020 Posted April 2, 2020 Sticking this in the covid thread, though it's just unrelated weird shit...unless we're all being monitored and scanned by our galactic superiors. I was just having a smoke in my spare room. Caught something unusual in my peripheral vision. Ignored it until it appeared again, moments later. A single blue light (in a cloud), which then became 2, moving more or less horizontally. More appeared, spinning rapidly across the cloud, at times forming 2 spinning circles, with maybe 2 dozen lights in each. Something odd happened around 7 years ago, but I was the only witness. At least this time, I managed to get 2 other witnesses before it eventually stopped. This was just after 9 P.M. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted April 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2020 10 minutes ago, KingofSports said: Sticking this in the covid thread, though it's just unrelated weird shit...unless we're all being monitored and scanned by our galactic superiors. I was just having a smoke in my spare room. Caught something unusual in my peripheral vision. Ignored it until it appeared again, moments later. A single blue light (in a cloud), which then became 2, moving more or less horizontally. More appeared, spinning rapidly across the cloud, at times forming 2 spinning circles, with maybe 2 dozen lights in each. Something odd happened around 7 years ago, but I was the only witness. At least this time, I managed to get 2 other witnesses before it eventually stopped. This was just after 9 P.M. Quote
Joe Blog Posted April 2, 2020 Posted April 2, 2020 12 minutes ago, KingofSports said: At least this time, I managed to get 2 other witnesses You know Cheech and Chong? Quote
Undefeated Steak Posted April 2, 2020 Posted April 2, 2020 If an et civilisation is spending up all that energy to reach us they're not stopping a few thousand feet short to dance about in the sky. It was likely something to do with the railways and a laser guided machine that results in the blue lights in the sky. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 2, 2020 Moderators Posted April 2, 2020 1 hour ago, KingofSports said: Sticking this in the covid thread, though it's just unrelated So why do it then? Get this shit out of here. I can't be bothered to find the thread about this stuff and move this conversation, I'm going to bed. You idiot. Quote
Meej81 Posted April 2, 2020 Posted April 2, 2020 1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said: So why do it then? Get this shit out of here. I can't be bothered to find the thread about this stuff and move this conversation, I'm going to bed. You idiot. Bit harsh like Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted April 2, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 2, 2020 The Mirror are reporting that JOE EXOTIC HAS CORONAVIRUS I bet it's that bitch Carole Baskin's fault Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.