Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

On 3/30/2020 at 3:08 PM, Chris B said:

I'm confident the cleaners probably did more than just a hoover and a mop that you just didn't hear. And if you're so concerned about them not bothering to do more, or that they're just hanging around while on minimum wage in the building that you live in, tell the management company to send them home or at least fucking tip them.

I do tip them. I actually bought the lad who does my floor a PS4 for his son at Christmas. 

Believe it or not, I tend to work from home full-time, so I usually wander out on the morning that they're working and get a bit of chit-chat while they're on their break. They hoover the carpets and mop the landing. And that's not a slight on them. I'm not sure exactly what else they'd do? Come in and make my fucking bed and load the dish washer?

14 minutes ago, David said:

I do tip them. I actually bought the lad who does my floor a PS4 for his son at Christmas. 

Believe it or not, I tend to work from home full-time, so I usually wander out on the morning that they're working and get a bit of chit-chat while they're on their break. They hoover the carpets and mop the landing. And that's not a slight on them. I'm not sure exactly what else they'd do? Come in and make my fucking bed and load the dish washer?

Fucking hell. I've never seen anything on here that needed saying less.

And that's saying something.

46 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I usually wander out on the morning that they're working and get a bit of chit-chat while they're on their break.

At the risk of sounding unfriendly, anyone who interrupts my break would have their nose interrupted with a punch!

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

At the risk of sounding unfriendly, anyone who interrupts my break would have their nose interrupted with a punch!

"kindness is a strength"

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

If Bright House were providing anything that could be described as "decent" then the "cash price" of the items wouldn't have been double the RRP of the item to begin with before they added on their compulsory insurance and interest.

One thing they did provide was a great teaching aid to demonstrate to my kids their privilege and how it was more expensive to be poor.  The XBox One that they'd just bought new for £180 would have cost them over £400 if they were paying cash in BH, or nearer £700 had they been paying weekly.

My ex's mum was prime Brighthouse fodder. Instead of paying ÂŁ199 for a PS2 like everyone else, she ended up paying ÂŁ729 for it.

And the only reason she was in there, was because she was still paying off the N64.

"But it's only this much extra each week...."

• Paid Members

I deal with the people who didn’t keep up with their payments with Brighthouse every day.  The one in Longsight had a poster with “Benefit Busting Offers” in the window for a couple of months until we had them remove it.  Most of the victims end up selling the goods to get the money together to try and pay what they owe, but it never will.  I’m sorry for the staff who are now looking for benefits themselves, but the people behind the scenes can just go fuck pig.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I deal with the people who didn’t keep up with their payments with Brighthouse every day.  The one in Longsight had a poster with “Benefit Busting Offers” in the window for a couple of months until we had them remove it.  Most of the victims end up selling the goods to get the money together to try and pay what they owe, but it never will.

A fine company!