Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

35 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Edit : Ok, so you edited out the 'should I block him' part

I presume a line saying "Forward this to 15 friends or you will die of coronavirus" has been edited out too.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Sainsbury's were policing it brilliantly and everyone was keeping a space in the queue with a section of the car park coned off for the outdoor queue.

My Sainsbury's was an utter shit show. People have already stopped giving a fuck and were going right up behind people to reach over their shoulders to reach a shelf. The store actually put announcements out over the tannoy telling people to move apart.

When I was queuing for the scanners, I was second in line so I stood back and kept my six feet from the lady in front. Some bloke just squeezes past me and into the space between us. "Oh, didn't realise you were queuing", he says. 

Work is trying to implement some way of working at home, but we'll have to go via cable into the modem because WiFi isn't secure enough, which will mean either a 40 meter ethernet cable, or I have to set up in the living room and banish the family from it so that they can't read the screen over my shoulder. A few months of this are going to create the most miserable office atmosphere imaginable.

• Awards Moderator

Cheers for those comments, @SuperBacon and @Scott Malbranque. Appreciated. Bianca's okay as it stands (as of about 3 hours ago) and Ben seems on top of the situation, in terms of childcare and keeping an eye on her. It's all day-by-day, but when the phone went before with the 'she's okay' news, it was a burst of relief because I was fucking dreading seeing his name pop up. Nice one again.

They are splitting us into small teams in work and implementing shifts and staggered hours so if one team gets sick at least the others won't. Been working normally since this began and routine hasn't changed all that much beyond not being able to go for a pint after work, but this combined with waking up from a nap to the news the country has gone into lockdown has really put the shits up me. The GP was talking about weaning me off the venlafaxine after easter, but that won't be happening now.

Hopefully someone far smarter than the likes of me can come up with a cure and a vaccine soon!

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Work is trying to implement some way of working at home, but we'll have to go via cable into the modem because WiFi isn't secure enough, which will mean either a 40 meter ethernet cable, or I have to set up in the living room and banish the family from it so that they can't read the screen over my shoulder. A few months of this are going to create the most miserable office atmosphere imaginable.

I know it’s an expense. But would some home plugs be better instead? That way, you are connected via Ethernet but can be in another room 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Ok I'm gonna ask. What do you have on your screen at work?

Just bog standard DPA covered stuff. People's addresses, bank details, dates of birth. 

UKFF is blocked, but YouTube and Cracked aren't.

It's not the right thing to say, but honestly your family don't give a shit about the dry data on your screen, so as long as you can convince your employer they won't see it then you're good to go.