Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
35 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Edit : Ok, so you edited out the 'should I block him' part

I presume a line saying "Forward this to 15 friends or you will die of coronavirus" has been edited out too.

  • Paid Members
Posted
41 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Edit : Ok, so you edited out the 'should I block him' part which makes my reply make less sense. 

Only because it screwed up the quote. I'm definitely blocking him.

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Sainsbury's were policing it brilliantly and everyone was keeping a space in the queue with a section of the car park coned off for the outdoor queue.

My Sainsbury's was an utter shit show. People have already stopped giving a fuck and were going right up behind people to reach over their shoulders to reach a shelf. The store actually put announcements out over the tannoy telling people to move apart.

When I was queuing for the scanners, I was second in line so I stood back and kept my six feet from the lady in front. Some bloke just squeezes past me and into the space between us. "Oh, didn't realise you were queuing", he says. 

Work is trying to implement some way of working at home, but we'll have to go via cable into the modem because WiFi isn't secure enough, which will mean either a 40 meter ethernet cable, or I have to set up in the living room and banish the family from it so that they can't read the screen over my shoulder. A few months of this are going to create the most miserable office atmosphere imaginable.

Posted

The twat in the flat below has been in and out constantly, having people over like nothing's happening. I wouldn't wish the virus on her because she'll just pass it around.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Cheers for those comments, @SuperBacon and @Scott Malbranque. Appreciated. Bianca's okay as it stands (as of about 3 hours ago) and Ben seems on top of the situation, in terms of childcare and keeping an eye on her. It's all day-by-day, but when the phone went before with the 'she's okay' news, it was a burst of relief because I was fucking dreading seeing his name pop up. Nice one again.

  • Paid Members
Posted

They are splitting us into small teams in work and implementing shifts and staggered hours so if one team gets sick at least the others won't. Been working normally since this began and routine hasn't changed all that much beyond not being able to go for a pint after work, but this combined with waking up from a nap to the news the country has gone into lockdown has really put the shits up me. The GP was talking about weaning me off the venlafaxine after easter, but that won't be happening now.

Hopefully someone far smarter than the likes of me can come up with a cure and a vaccine soon!

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

or I have to set up in the living room and banish the family from it so that they can't read the screen over my shoulder.

Ok I'm gonna ask. What do you have on your screen at work?

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Work is trying to implement some way of working at home, but we'll have to go via cable into the modem because WiFi isn't secure enough, which will mean either a 40 meter ethernet cable, or I have to set up in the living room and banish the family from it so that they can't read the screen over my shoulder. A few months of this are going to create the most miserable office atmosphere imaginable.

I know it’s an expense. But would some home plugs be better instead? That way, you are connected via Ethernet but can be in another room 

Posted
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Gotta earn my crust by using my loaf! 

Loving Ralphy's cracking play on words to cheer us all up... No matter which way you slice it.

*gets coat before being accused of downplaying the seriousness of the situation.

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Ok I'm gonna ask. What do you have on your screen at work?

Just bog standard DPA covered stuff. People's addresses, bank details, dates of birth. 

UKFF is blocked, but YouTube and Cracked aren't.

Posted

It's not the right thing to say, but honestly your family don't give a shit about the dry data on your screen, so as long as you can convince your employer they won't see it then you're good to go.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, what Zeb said. I have similar very sensitive data on my screen, but it means fuck all to my family if they see it at the end of the day.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...