Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
10 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Managed to get a solid 2 hours sleep last night, its going to be a long 3 weeks

Im a tad frustrated, as all my problems are "invisible" and i cant do what i know works to significantly help them (going to the gym, socializing at the gym and the charity shop, walking) I know if i go out i will just be judged by the outside which at least to me, seems healthy and no doubt hung drawn and quartered by the general public, i wish there was a way i could get a note from the doctor so if caught outside i can produce it to the fuzz

You should definitely keep walking. One "form" of exercise a day is ill-defined and not easily enforced. If in doubt, just choose a route that is less likely to have people on it.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Because I'm classified as "at risk" and live alone now. My GP ordered me to do the full 12 week lockdown, so I can't have my kids here incase they are carrying it.

Christ, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Posted

Serious question. Due to my wife being pregnant and my school being amazing we have both been at home with our daughter for the last week. The only people we see are my wife's parents who live a street away. They have been self isolating for the last week also to ensure they could still see our daughter.

Are we being dicks to continue this arrangement? We pop to theirs and vice versa but we see no one else. Advice please, I want to do the right thing here. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, David said:

Christ, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Cheers David, mate! It's probably the hardest thing I've ever been asked to do, but I'd rather have three months on only seeing the kids through a glass window than put myslef at risk of never seeing them again.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Are we being dicks to continue this arrangement? We pop to theirs and vice versa but we see no one else. Advice please, I want to do the right thing here. 

I don't think you're dicks, but after yesterday's PM address I would definitely stop that arrangement going forward to be honest. As hard as it might be. I know it's not the same, but face time them with your fairy daughter regularly instead. 

Edited by PunkStep
  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I don't think you're dicks, but after yesterday's PM address I would definitely stop that arrangement going forward to be honest. As hard as it might be. I know it's not the same, but face time them with your fairy daughter regularly instead. 

Echo this 100% . Not selfish and incredibly difficult but its things like these we all need to sacrifice for self isolation to work.

If your parents are anything like mine and well you need to be the one to make that decision to protect them. 

Posted

That Radio Solent clip has me wanting to smash my PC with a baseball bat, but all the electronics shops are fucking closed.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Serious question. Due to my wife being pregnant and my school being amazing we have both been at home with our daughter for the last week. The only people we see are my wife's parents who live a street away. They have been self isolating for the last week also to ensure they could still see our daughter.

Are we being dicks to continue this arrangement? We pop to theirs and vice versa but we see no one else. Advice please, I want to do the right thing here. 

And here's the problem.  Everyone has an exception they'd like to make.  I'd like to see my parents again before they die.    But the government do not want ANYONE going ANYWHERE unless it's absolutely life or death vital.

The virus doesn't discriminate between people who've been really good and are just popping out this one time, and cunts down on the beach.  

The more exceptions we all allow ourselves to make, the more people will die.  My parents, your wife's parents.

Stay at home.

Posted

I've quite enjoyed my first day of isolation so far. I've got a couple of workouts in and I bought myself a bass guitar at the weekend and have taught myself to play Super Freak and Stand By Me (badly). 

  • Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

That Radio Solent clip has me wanting to smash my PC with a baseball bat, but all the electronics shops are fucking closed.

Probably get a bat in sports direct though.

Posted

Oh I'm sorted for a bat, don't you worry. No mug's coming in here after my toilet roll.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...