Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

10 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Managed to get a solid 2 hours sleep last night, its going to be a long 3 weeks

Im a tad frustrated, as all my problems are "invisible" and i cant do what i know works to significantly help them (going to the gym, socializing at the gym and the charity shop, walking) I know if i go out i will just be judged by the outside which at least to me, seems healthy and no doubt hung drawn and quartered by the general public, i wish there was a way i could get a note from the doctor so if caught outside i can produce it to the fuzz

You should definitely keep walking. One "form" of exercise a day is ill-defined and not easily enforced. If in doubt, just choose a route that is less likely to have people on it.

Serious question. Due to my wife being pregnant and my school being amazing we have both been at home with our daughter for the last week. The only people we see are my wife's parents who live a street away. They have been self isolating for the last week also to ensure they could still see our daughter.

Are we being dicks to continue this arrangement? We pop to theirs and vice versa but we see no one else. Advice please, I want to do the right thing here. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, David said:

Christ, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.

Cheers David, mate! It's probably the hardest thing I've ever been asked to do, but I'd rather have three months on only seeing the kids through a glass window than put myslef at risk of never seeing them again.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Are we being dicks to continue this arrangement? We pop to theirs and vice versa but we see no one else. Advice please, I want to do the right thing here. 

I don't think you're dicks, but after yesterday's PM address I would definitely stop that arrangement going forward to be honest. As hard as it might be. I know it's not the same, but face time them with your fairy daughter regularly instead. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I don't think you're dicks, but after yesterday's PM address I would definitely stop that arrangement going forward to be honest. As hard as it might be. I know it's not the same, but face time them with your fairy daughter regularly instead. 

Echo this 100% . Not selfish and incredibly difficult but its things like these we all need to sacrifice for self isolation to work.

If your parents are anything like mine and well you need to be the one to make that decision to protect them. 

36 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Serious question. Due to my wife being pregnant and my school being amazing we have both been at home with our daughter for the last week. The only people we see are my wife's parents who live a street away. They have been self isolating for the last week also to ensure they could still see our daughter.

And here's the problem.  Everyone has an exception they'd like to make.  I'd like to see my parents again before they die.    But the government do not want ANYONE going ANYWHERE unless it's absolutely life or death vital.

The virus doesn't discriminate between people who've been really good and are just popping out this one time, and cunts down on the beach.  

The more exceptions we all allow ourselves to make, the more people will die.  My parents, your wife's parents.

Stay at home.