Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Just now, tiger_rick said:

I think you're right in your definition. Though with the closure of most retail, a lot of the non-essential jobs you can't do from home should be on hold for now.

I work in a factory so it may not come under the same restrictions. Don't think I heard Johnson mention factories.

It's going to be chaos tomorrow isn't it? Glad I booked time off before this all kicked off.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I work in a factory so it may not come under the same restrictions. Don't think I heard Johnson mention factories.

Probably depends on the business. We have a lot of caravan manufacturers locally and they've all shut down of their own accord. Yet, obviously, any factories involved in food production or production of cleaning products and PPE are utterly vital.Ā 

• Paid Members

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct and Evans Cycles are 'essential services'Ā and therefore announced to all staff half an hour after the PM's speech that all stores will remain open.

What an absolute bottom-feeding cunt that man is. Always has been, always will be.

Food, medicine and shitty Lonsdale trainers. That's what will keep this country going.Ā 

Will be interesting to see how people react to this once the novelty of being indoors wears off. I've already heard rumblings in Glasgow of illegal drinking emporiums in the pipeline, and also places you can go to gamble. I'll probably be heading along within a few weeks to be honest!

Seriously though, I hope the police are prepped, because all those unattended shops and electronics stores and empty streets will be very enticing for criminals I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Will be interesting to see how people react to this once the novelty of being indoors wears off. I've already heard rumblings in Glasgow of illegal drinking emporiums in the pipeline, and also places you can go to gamble. I'll probably be heading along within a few weeks to be honest!

Seriously though, I hope the police are prepped, because all those unattended shops and electronics stores and empty streets will be very enticing for criminals I'd imagine.

The backdoor pints are already a thing here. This was on the news over the weekend, hilarious if it wasn't helping spread a deadly virus!

Ā 

41 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I think you're right in your definition. Though with the closure of most retail, a lot of the non-essential jobs you can't do from home should be on hold for now.

They really fucked up the messaging here again. Ā It's not clear for a lot of people, whether they should go to work tomorrow or not.

Like, if you work as a builder, or a gardener, or a mechanic... can't do those jobs from home, but should you carry on as normal tomorrow? Ā Listening to Boris, you'd think yes. Ā But then it's not really a lockdown if 30% of people go to work as normal tomorrow.

They needed to be absolutely crystal clear for once.

20 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct and Evans Cycles are 'essential services'Ā and therefore announced to all staff half an hour after the PM's speech that all stores will remain open.

What an absolute bottom-feeding cunt that man is. Always has been, always will be.

Food, medicine and shitty Lonsdale trainers. That's what will keep this country going.Ā 

Was I hearing things or did Are Bozza specifically mention clothes shops as being inessential? So is Sports Direct staying open on the grounds that people can't do their daily jog around the block without a mint condition badminton racket in their hand?

Saw some absolute bollocks on Twitter about children with two households and that whoever the children are with right now, is where they will stay for however long this lasts.

My kids came to me an hour before this was announced, and now they're staying with me for 3(+) weeks without seeing their Mum? Yeah, good luck enforcing that one.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Was I hearing things or did Are Bozza specifically mention clothes shops as being inessential? So is Sports Direct staying open on the grounds that people can't do their daily jog around the block without a mint condition badminton racket in their hand?

Ā 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Was I hearing things or did Are Bozza specifically mention clothes shops as being inessential?

He did indeed, clothes and electronic stores I believe he used as examples.Ā 

Clearly what we need in a timeĀ of crisisĀ are Donnay joggers and those massive calculators they sell behind behind the counter that obviously no fucker wants.

9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Clearly what we need in a timeĀ of crisisĀ are Donnay joggers and those Aubameyang shirts they sell behind behind the counter that obviously no fucker wants.

Fixed that for you chief

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Clearly what we need in a timeĀ of crisisĀ are Donnay joggers and those massive calculators they sell behind behind the counter that obviously no fucker wants.

To be fair, with the amount of Tea the majority of the UK will go through during the lockdown, you could use one of their novelty huge mugs.

But Ashley can say what he wants. Just like that Weatherspoons twat. They will not be allowed to open

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Loki said:

They really fucked up the messaging here again. Ā It's not clear for a lot of people, whether they should go to work tomorrow or not.

Like, if you work as a builder, or a gardener, or a mechanic... can't do those jobs from home, but should you carry on as normal tomorrow? Ā Listening to Boris, you'd think yes. Ā But then it's not really a lockdown if 30% of people go to work as normal tomorrow.

They needed to be absolutely crystal clear for once.

Yep, it's a total inconsistency. The gov.uk website's "full guidance" simply says "Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home." But the gov.uk Twitter feed has a video (now deleted) which says "if you are a key worker" (which is presumably the same definition as people who can send their kids to school.)

Edited by JNLister