Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

What's the score with exercise outdoors, i.e running? I'd just got started on the Couch to 5K nonsense and if we're completely locked in I don't think I'll go back to it once we're released back into the wild. Not that I'm taking any pleasure out of it - not getting this 'runners high' or owt so cocknose might actually bee doing me a favour.

One run a day. By yourself or with family.

So electronics are deemed as non-essential, even though that will be people's primary social intercourse for the next few months. Good luck everyone.

Edited by seph

Amazing the about turn Johnson's done from basically ignoring the threat of the virus a few weeks ago, to a strict lockdown. Some medical expert must have cornered him and explained in simple terms how much time was frittered away in those few weeks and just how bad things will get if no controls are brought in. Scary fucking times to have a tosser like him in control. Best of luck over there lads.  I'd say we're not far away from total lockdown ourselves, thanks to cunts who can't get it into their thick heads not to congregate in one place.

57 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

The frighting thing is how long any lockdown is going to last. I'm not sure I trust *this* Government to relinquish any sort of power, especially when we've still got a no deal Brexit to look forward to.

The bill passed today was going to let them have these powers at their disposal for the next two years. But then the opposition said, "Erm, wait a minute," and so now they have to be reviewed every six months.

In any case, this lockdown is currently supposed to last 3 weeks.

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I've got family in Ireland and Canada and I'm quite literally jealous of you both having grown ups in charge.  What I wouldn't give for Leo or Justin being in front of the teleprompter.

Yeah I give it till Thursday before we in Ireland are on lock down

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, kidzero said:

Yeah I give it till Thursday before we in Ireland are on lock down

When did Ireland close their schools? Was a good week before over here, right? Bars and pubs shut a good few days earlier as well. And haven't needed a lockdown yet.

• Paid Members

I'm just waiting to see where this puts me as regards work. I'll be getting my exercise going for a walk round the block, either around the Apollo, or up to one of my local supermarkets. Presuming I'm not still in work. 

Okay, need a bit of serious advice. I've learned my lesson tonight. I moved to Liverpool at the beginning of the year. My girlfriend still lives at hers an hour+ away. I've got a couple of mates I've met here, but no close connections or family.

Not sure if I'm thinking irrationally, but if it was you, would you head back tomorrow? I know the lockdown could be over in a few weeks but there's a possibility it could stretch into the summer. I've got a small place to live here, and I don't think it will do my mental health any good to be isolated for a month plus with virtually no interaction or family/friends to drop food off if I personally got ill.

Not even sure I'd be allowed back on the train tomorrow, but I'm sure if questioned I could explain that I'm going home?

Thanks. Again, apologies if this sounds stupid but the thought of being isolated for a prolonged period of time doesn't feel much different to a prison sentence.