Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

1 hour ago, Bicurious Dad said:

If you're in the household then you need to be under lockdown as well, as far as I understand it. Otherwise there'd be no point.

Yes, this. When you live with someone who's showing symptoms, then you essentially have Schrödinger's virus and must err on the side of caution. And you self isolate for a week longer than them, because they'd already secretly had it for a week or so before symptoms started to show.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

Yeah I can’t go out because I’m a part time carer for my parents and they’re high risk. I’m almost at a Richard Herring stage of playing Me1 vs Me2 with darts. At least I’ll be going back to the league season in great form. Whenever that is. 

Maybe a UKFF Skype league or something could be fun? 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Maybe a UKFF Skype league or something could be fun? 

That would be a good idea. I used to play on WhatsApp video with these German guys in a league. I think I was the only one with a good setup. A folding ladder which has a nice big handle on it for me to attach a lazy arm for my phone on to. Perfect height to show the whole board. 

A new board is going to be needed after all this. It’s already on its third rotation and getting more chewed up as the days go by. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Undefeated Steak said:

That there has supposedly been warehouses full of toilet rolls but no infrastructure to get them to the shops in time also doesn't make much sense. 

Logistics makes sure the system behaves at capacity. You don't send out half full lorries, and you make sure you have exactly the amount of lorries you need. Anything else is a waste of money. Therefore when there's a run on an item - any item - the retail supply chain takes at least two weeks to flex to the new model. If you have to bring more toilet rolls, you either don't take something else in it's place, or you get another lorry. Retail is run on a razor edge time and money margin and every shelf has to earn it's keep. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Undefeated Steak said:

That there has supposedly been warehouses full of toilet rolls but no infrastructure to get them to the shops in time also doesn't make much sense. 

Double cuntage! 

Edited by Onyx2

Good news: got an email inviting me to schedule in a job interview over the phone.

Bad news: Reading that loss of smell or taste is probably a symptom of coronavirus, which my housemate has. The job is customer service at a call centre which people are still going to rather than working remotely.

Good news: I've been meaning to watch Mad Men for ages. I should make some good progress on it in two weeks (at least).

• Awards Moderator
50 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Good news: I've been meaning to watch Mad Men for ages. I should make some good progress on it in two weeks (at least).

Finished my third run through last week. Perfection.