Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

29 minutes ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

ESPN8 was fictitious when in Dodgeball in 2004. In 2017 ESPN embraced it on a slow sports day and showed all kinds of weird sports like Nathan's Hot Dog Eating ChallengeĀ and the like. I would expect it to make a permanent slot in the schedules for the next couple of months.

This has been aired for years, remember catching it alongside things like "Pardon the Interruption" on ESPN before it became part of the BT Sports umbrella. Not sure if they still do show it each year but that's not a recent thing.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:04 PM, LaGoosh said:

Genuinely baffled and disturbed that you remembered and quoted a post I made two years ago and don't really understand your point here you absolute fucking weirdo.

Christ. My point was the avoidance of contagion and claustrophobic conditions would be two fairly solid reasons (among many) that one may have been wise to opt for a "rubbish" life in the countryside.

Instead of slinging pointless insults at me, it might be worth reflecting on how obnoxious a comment needs to be for a stranger to remember it two years after the fact. Something to think about, perhaps.

19 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Skeggy is ram packed full of people it seems, people are using the time off work to go on fucking holiday there.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/this-madness-skegness-rammed-people-17962075

And they'll probably be the first to fucking kick off when we end up with fines and other measures put in place. You just know that worse is coming but many people just ain't listening.

Apparently a guy I know had a big barny with people on social media because his attitude is "the Tories don't tell me what to do" there's just no getting through to some people it seems.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Little Johnny said:

Christ. My point was the avoidance of contagion and claustrophobic conditions would be two fairly solid reasons (among many) that one may have been wise to opt for a "rubbish" life in the countryside.

Instead of slinging pointless insults at me, it might be worth reflecting on how obnoxious a comment needs to be for a stranger to remember it two years after the fact. Something to think about, perhaps.

OK, noted. Apologies for making a tongue in cheek post about the countrysideĀ two years ago that didn't take into account the possibility of a global virus pandemic. I would say though that youĀ even bringing it up in the first placeĀ is incredibly pointless,Ā obnoxious and veryĀ weirdĀ so I think you're the one who probably needs to be doing the thinking here.

Moving on...

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

So Iā€™m officially off work for the next few weeks, Primark sent a company wide text and email out around 12 confirming weā€™d be closing after tonight. One of my floor managers has set up a WhatsApp group to keep us informed of what happens going forth and then it got took over by weekend staff posting TikTok videos of them dancing in various parts of the store as it was so quietĀ 

As If things wasn't bad enough...

Why hasn't Johnson written the basic advice on the side of a bus yet? It worked for destructive lies about the NHS, now what about something genuinely useful? It's all it takes to win some people over, after all.