Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

On 3/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, LaGoosh said:

I've been sent home from work and can't work from home so I have literally nothing to do. That combined with the general atmosphere of London and the girlfriend working from home in the living room so I'm essentially stuck in the bedroom most the day...I'm climbing the fucking walls and it's only day 2. 

On 7/27/2018 at 6:38 PM, LaGoosh said:

People who live in the countryside. It's rubbish. Absolutely amazing for a short holiday or a long weekend but no idea why anyone would live there.There's nothing to do. And you're missing out on all the amazing culture that a major city can provide on a daily basis.

One more for the racists.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I went to the corner shop for milk this morning and there were three old lads with baskets full of booze. Wasn't even 8am. Think they're the sort who pub closures will hit. Not just booze but company. 

I was thinking the same last night. Ever pub has at least a couple of old boys who use the pub as their escape from their home, whether that’s because they are lonely or just because that’s all they know. With them closed, what are they going to do?

We’re going to be seeing 1000 deaths a day by May.  I think we all know what’s going to happen to them.

Edited by Loki

They'll sign up here and spend the day repeating themselves on why it's best to simply back off and trust the British public to take sensible advice.

• Awards Moderator

More seriously, you can add the World Health Organisation on WhatsApp and get live info.

2C6338A4-E2BA-48A5-8090-6DAF6DBFBDCA.thumb.jpeg.deb6c7d24403877e3cacd2636d95cbe2.jpeg

Say hello and they’ll give you a menu of options.

595AFF64-5332-43C4-8041-983B7CDB74F3.thumb.jpeg.6919b5fa809282e0051ca2ab6dbf461d.jpeg

Each option gives you a shitload of information.

A3B74DE0-1EC6-45B0-8DBE-2305DA5C149C.thumb.jpeg.d2b69cccd1d9c20006c5489671d4f3f2.jpeg

It’s a brilliant bot to help anyone with questions without relying on Facebook Sandra’s advice.

• Paid Members

Pubs have been offically closed for what, 15 hours? I've already had messages from mates with 7 pubs in Barnsley that are staying open "via the side door", lock-in style. We're fooked, arent we?

The asda buy me closed at 11am this morning. The staff are completely stressed and exhausted so the ms agent closed it up. 

My wife's shop, that normally only have 3 staff on at one time, now have 12 staff working at once to keep up with the demand. 

My son is working there now too after losing his job a couple of weeks ago. 

My wife is the baker there and she just told me she would normally bake 40 to 60 loafs of bread on a Saturday until she leaves at 2pm. Today she baked 400. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Little Johnny said:

One more for the racists.

Genuinely baffled and disturbed that you remembered and quoted a post I made two years ago and don't really understand your point here you absolute fucking weirdo.

16 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

My wife is the baker there and she just told me she would normally bake 40 to 60 loafs of bread on a Saturday until she leaves at 2pm. Today she baked 400. 

If she has to check the quality of the bread, does she pinch a loaf? Or is that just you in your household?