Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

6 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

My wife has had to get a sick note from her Doctor as her trust still expects her to go to work despite them not following any government advice and not even sorting out a risk assessment.

My little girls nursery has closed so she is at home as well, we intended to pull her out anyway to reduce risk to her mum. 

My school is open for key workers children but I am yet to be informed as to if I am required, I strongly suspect not.

It's all very up in the air for us at the minute and I am worried for my wife as she is stressed. Stay safe everyone. 

I don't know if this is helpful, but you can now get an "isolation note" online from NHS 111.

https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note

I am a Support Worker assisting children who have Additional Support Needs.

We were told to complete a health questionnaire regarding our own health. This morning I was contacted to have my remaining 40 hours leave (which I wanted paid for) converted back to leave starting Monday.

Makes perfect sense as I could contact the virus, display no symptoms then pass in on.  Considering some of the kids have incredibly compromised immune systems actions like these are essential.

On a mental health note, and please forgive me if this seems selfish, but fell down my stairs in early December and damaged my collar bone and arm.  This led to ten weeks absence, I returned mid February then, as I hardly took leave from April to December 2019, have been on leave since 08th March.

I am starting to have either way too many hours in the day or bevvy or stay up late then sleep loads.  Up to me to change this though; despite Social Distancing.

This place, as well as Radio2,  keeps me and I'm sure lots of others upbeat.

Edited by Hugh Thesz

• Paid Members

Guernsey have ordered all pubs that don't serve food to close from 18.30 tonight for at least 10 days, and any that do serve food to only serve alcohol if it's "ancillary to the service of food", and be able to evidence that they're taking measures towards allowing for social distancing.

I think this makes them the first place in the UK to enforce pub closures, though rumour is that Boris Johnson's statement tonight will do the same for London.

Meanwhile, the government are saying that everyone should be making reasonable efforts towards working from home, yet I'm in a government job and being told that I'm expected to be in my office during normal working hours. Complete mixed messages - and it's not means-tested or anything like that, as there are very few rational justifications for me to not work from home if that's the government's advice.

I've only been back one day, and my stress and anxiety are already through the roof. I don't know how I'm going to cope with this, and that's me being selfish and not having vulnerable family to worry about. It's all fucked, and only going to get worse. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Guernsey have ordered all pubs that don't serve food to close from 18.30 tonight for at least 10 days, and any that do serve food to only serve alcohol if it's "ancillary to the service of food"

Four bitters, two ciders, a G&T, two glasses of red and a packet of pork scratchings please.

• Paid Members

I walked past two pubs with the dog last night. She wanted to go in but I insisted we keep walking. One only had about 6 customers, but they were all huddled together at the bar chatting. The other was busier, is quite a big pub and one bar had one person in it. Everyone else was in the other bar huddled round the bar.

We've had a big debate on our Friday night footy WhatsApp group. A lot of lads still wanted to play. One lad who works in the hospital is fucking HORRIFIED at the suggestion and has been posting pics and articles to try and get people to take it seriously!

• Paid Members
On 3/11/2020 at 9:31 AM, quote the raven said:

I wonder if vat will be cut later. 

Holy fuck they've done away with VAT entirely! All VAT for businesses to be deferred until June.

Massive news tonight. All restaurants, pubs, bars, clubs, gyms, sports centres to close indefinitely. Takeaways excluded. 

Edited by PunkStep