Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

The thing with people like Trump and Farage, is when it actually comes to things that require leadership and where tough decisions matter and are needed, they're exposed instantly as utterly inept. So what do they do? Resort to racism and bully boy tactics.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing OK. Fucking weird time at the moment (understatement)

Just picked up 12 bog rolls from Asda. Together with my two bottles of Calpol I managed to get from Lloyds Pharmacy and the shea butter hand sanitiser one of my customers (who make hand sanitisers) gave me it's been a successful week. Incidentally that customer told me they've also sold out of antifreeze and they reckon some fucker bought it all and is making home brew hand sanitiser to sell.

Kung Flu is pretty funny though. Wasn’t it only a couple of weeks ago that Trump was saying it was nothing to worry about and it was fake news?  Thing is, you can highlight this to his fan base and they wouldn’t care, same with our prick. 

If I had a time machine, the second thing I'd do would be to go back to 2015 with a list of unthinkable actions by a hypothetical president, and ask Americans to circle the ones they absolutely wouldn't tolerate.

13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I know that she could of course see her friends, and there is no rule in place stopping them all getting together or going to each others houses, but I  don't know how other parents are planning to handle this. They might not be happy about that, so I can't give them actual answers.

I realise this is easier said than done when I'm a non parent in my non shared home telling you this but I've seen a fair amount of "Italians warning people" posts on facebook and one of the things mentioned a few times is that they let their kids all go and hang out and they totally wouldn't have done that in retrospect.

Again, I realise it's so easy for people like me to get very overzealous about "DONT DO THAT" because we're considering the idea in the abstract, you're dealing your own upset child - but yeah..

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Uncle Zeb said:

If I had a time machine, the second thing I'd do would be to go back to 2015 with a list of unthinkable actions by a hypothetical president, and ask Americans to circle the ones they absolutely wouldn't tolerate.

Wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference Zeb. They still would have 'wanted their country back', whatever that means. As Keith says his fan base do not give a shit about highlighting any sort of facts, they are blinded by some strange loyalty to him and what he thinks of the rest of the world.

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

This has led to foreigner bans in restaurants, hotels, gyms and even reports of gangs of Vietnamese men trying to kick anyone not Vietnamese out of public parks.

That can't be right. Surely just hearsay and social media nonsense? 

49 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference Zeb. They still would have 'wanted their country back', whatever that means. As Keith says his fan base do not give a shit about highlighting any sort of facts, they are blinded by some strange loyalty to him and what he thinks of the rest of the world.

Oh I'm painfully aware of that. It would just be nice to have such stark, undeniable evidence of the hypocrisy resulting from their blind allegiance, if only to shush the unhelpful fence-sitters who still to this day try to paint everything as normal.

• Paid Members

At a time when our collective efforts must focus on preserving the wellbeing of our most vulnerable, I’ve just witnessed a 20 something male riding a moped, wearing a crash helmet covered in Cookie Monster fur, threaten to punch a chain smoking pensioner at a bus stop because she called him a twat for doing a wheelie. She doesn’t give a shit about Coronavirus.