Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

28 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm really missing the football as most of my social interaction comes through that. Have to say though, I work a 9-5:30 job, I have a family, I put 20-30 hours a week into the football club, almost 52 weeks a year.

Assuming you are a Hull City fan?

A null & void Championship would provide you with what i thought was impossible... Survival! & a MASSIVE BONUS!!! Dirty Leeds DENIED!!! Surely if this is true, it would take the edge off your frustration? UTT 😽

• Moderators

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/03/lung-fluids-coronavirus/

Anyone still walking around like a twat needs to read this. It's not pleasant reading buy should hopefully shock purple into behaving appropriately.

Don't read it if you're already panicking, mind. And if you do plead bear in mind this is only representative of the cases that get bad enough to go to hospital.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Assuming you are a Hull City fan?

Yeah but I was talking about grassroots. I'm not missing Hull City week in, week out. I was already considering a pitch invasion to get myself banned for my own sanity anyway!

• Paid Members

Could you imagine what this would have been like it it occured 25 years ago. No widespread internet to order things online or remote work meaning that EVERYONE would have to go out for shopping and work etc. Then there is the mental health side of things. I don't think I could cope with being couped up alone if I didn't have access to online communication methods such as this place and Facebook, etc. And facetime will be a godsend if they put us in a full on lockdown, as it would be the only way I could see my kids, parents and mates.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/03/lung-fluids-coronavirus/

Anyone still walking around like a twat needs to read this. It's not pleasant reading buy should hopefully shock purple into behaving appropriately.

Don't read it if you're already panicking, mind. And if you do plead bear in mind this is only representative of the cases that get bad enough to go to hospital.

There is stuff like this all over social media. Plenty of stuff warning against Panic buying. Plenty of great videos explaining the need for social distancing and the dangers. And still people descend on supermarkets, beaches and parks like it's a bank holiday. Maybe it's still worth sharing because if you can get through to one person it's worth it but it seems despite the bombardment of advice, there are still people who just don't care. The government are going to have to lock us down for our own good and it's sad. We had a lovely walk yesterday a couple of miles around the block. Only met a couple of people who we smiled at from a distance. So sad we lose this because of idiots.

image.thumb.png.98f950f2dae48f4b9f7f32016227e30c.png

• Paid Members

NHS website now has a clearer explanation of the two symptoms that mean you need to stay home completely if you get either of them:

• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)

• Paid Members

It's tough in London because there are just so many people. My partner and I went for a walk on Saturday in Alexandra Palace park (it's just up the road from us), and we took the quietest route we know. We'd normally see around maybe a dozen people on that walk - this time, it was at least 5 times that. I can't fault people taking their kids out, but the groups of 4 or 5 20-somethings hanging around and walking side-by-side was infuriating.

This week is going to be scary, as more people start showing symptoms. Make sure you're all taking care of yourselves as much as possible, especially from a mental health point of view.

• Paid Members

I'm officially on the full 12 week lockdown down, following a phone call from my GP. I'm completelly gutted, and to make matters worse, I can't get a delivery slot from any of the Supermarkets round here untill the ned of April by the looks of things.

Supermarkets is such an odd one right now. I think because of the reckless behaviour over the weekend a lot of people (quite rightly) getting very fevrent about what we should be doing but at the same time it makes it hard to navigate especially with an overly anxious brain. Someone on a whatsapp group was loudly telling everyone they should stop supermarket shopping at all, which I see the merit of but when deliveries are overwhelmed and many more vunerable people *need* it then it's hard to gauge. Also eating healthy seems like a good idea both for body and mind but that requires some fresh produce so just buying bulk lots of long term stuff doesn't feel super right. But then again, me eating less good might be one of the many justifiable prices we should pay.

At the moment going near the end of the day and avoiding going in if busy (I have a small supermarket 5 min from house so it's not hard) seems the right way of doing it *for me*. However then people are telling me I'm being irresponsible for doing that so yeah maybe it's not.. Definitely not helping the old spiraly anxiety!

Edited by organizedkaos

13 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I'm officially on the full 12 week lockdown down, following a phone call from my GP. I'm completelly gutted, and to make matters worse, I can't get a delivery slot from any of the Supermarkets round here untill the ned of April by the looks of things.

Can anyone grab some essentials for you? 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

Can anyone grab some essentials for you? 

Just now, Onyx2 said:

This @Cod Eye. Check your local social media, Facebook, Nextdoor etc. Lots of good Samaritans offering to do runs. 

I've got a few mates that have agreed to do some runs to the shops for me now. The problem I have is I hate putting people out, and I feel I'm putting them at extra risk by them doing some shopping for me. I suppose that's the way of the world at the minute though...

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I've got a few mates that have agreed to do some runs to the shops for me now. The problem I have is I hate putting people out, and I feel I'm putting them at extra risk by them doing some shopping for me. I suppose that's the way of the world at the minute though...

Right now, people are doing this for strangers, let alone mates. Right now, you're a high risk, so literally better them than you.

3 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

You would do the same for them, right? And I'm sure they wouldn't want to see you go hungry, otherwise they wouldn't have offered. 

Accept the help!