Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

54 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

I feel some sort of timing guidelines would help. I've seen people argue that they need to take their kid outside for four hours a day which feels a little excessive especially as one kinda has to think of outside space as having a finite capacity).  People having a sit in the sun feels like it'd be less of an issue if encouraged to stick to a certain amount of time.

Doesn't have to be regulations too, just advise for things to think about. For example the difference between sitting on a bench on a path and sitting in the middle of a grassy area are quite different in how they affect others around you and others who may appear around you.  I know in some areas around me joggers are told not to overtake people, I've seen some stuff on twitter today about being conscious of "spit trails" whilst jogging.

I know the idea of strict rules on what you can and can't do is pretty scary but we're in scary times and a little more indication on what would be good/bad practice isn't a terrible idea.  I remember people getting into all sorts of arguments a couple weeks ago about whether they should be going to the shops or not.  Another country had basically said "aim for once a week" which actually clears things up pretty neatly. It doesn't have to be explicit rules but if you set some parameters with clarity and not vague terms like "where necessary" it does help. 

People interpretting this stuff is leading to a lot of unrest in multiple directions at a time when people are already getting pretty tense.

I think adding timing guidelines is taking it way too far. 

It's just common sense, really. Go outside for air and a bit of sun if you wish. Stay a safe distance from people, and don't congregate into groups outwith those who share a household with you.

If people are hanging about in groups, or are taking the piss the cops can step in and ask them to give it a rest.

Thanks for the assistance folks.

My place hasn't been in touch but I expect a call tomorrow. Unlike @quote the raven I am lucky to have an understanding employer.

I can understand the Isolation Letter policy as if there were exemptions then how many chancers would abuse it?  Then again that may be harsh as who am I to fucking judge?

@quote the raven regardless of whether they can help you with your current fix you should join a union. Your employers sound like cunts and you should safeguard yourself.

Our union hilariously asked for us to have a rest day this saturday as way of a thank you for our service. The business obviously said no but we currently have a bit of good will from the public and the union saw fit to use the current crisis as an opportunity to shine a light on how shit Royal Mail are treating us at the moment. A cunt move for sure but I'm happy the cunt moves are on my behalf instead of against me.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Yup Jan. They are saying unless my meds are double the strength or my last admisson was in a 12 month period no dice (last was 3 years ago) 

Funny enough i was off sick in Jan for two weeks work know all about it 

The shielding criteria in Scotland must be different there then. Here there is a good chance you would be applicable as the dose of the steroid is taken into account but you would have a good case. 

Sorry to hear about the nonsense your dealing with mate. I am having difficult discussions daily with staff who feel they should be isolating etc but going by the letter of the guidance they need not. 

• Paid Members

After a month of lockdown and no physical activity whatsoever, paired with constant shite food and a ton of alcohol, I decided to finally check out that Joe Wicks guy who's doing the daily 30 minute workouts for the kids being kept off school. Nothing to make you realise just how fat and unfit you've gotten in a month than struggling to hop around your living room pretending to be a frog at the behest of some English guy dressed as a frog! 

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members

I presume from the volume of people and vehicles about today that the whole thing has been called off overnight and I'm going back into work on Tuesday?

It's crazy. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

After a month of lockdown and no physical activity whatsoever, paired with constant shite food and a ton of alcohol, I decided to finally check out that Joe Wicks guy who's doing the daily 30 minute workouts for the kids being kept off school. Nothing to make you realise just how fat and unfit you've gotten in a month than struggling to hop around your living room pretending to be a frog at the behest of some English guy dressed as a frog! 

Quite a few people leading exercises online. Georges St. Pierre and Karen Hauer are doing stuff on YouTube and Insta, and Chris Hemsworth has made his workout app free for six weeks. 

48 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Quite a few people leading exercises online. Georges St. Pierre and Karen Hauer are doing stuff on YouTube and Insta, and Chris Hemsworth has made his workout app free for six weeks. 

I doubt any of those have told people to do a star jump like a goalkeeper, then shouted "Dmitri Kharin!!!" like hero Joe did the other day though...

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I doubt any of those have told people to do a star jump like a goalkeeper, then shouted "Dmitri Kharin!!!" like hero Joe did the other day though...

Did he really? Well I've done a 180 on him now, that's brilliant