Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Loki said:

The fact that care home deaths aren’t being included is ridiculous - they’re likely to be major centre for the disease.  That feels like a way of artificially making the numbers smaller.

Agreed they will attempt to defend it by claiming they had no test due to not being admitted therefore are unable to confirm Covid as the cause of death. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Until they get a reliable mass produced anti body test we are in limbo.

Im not one for conspiracy’s but did anyone here have a dam awful breathing virus around new year? I was really ill my mum and sister to. Nearly everyone I know had some form of it. one of mates even ended up in icu with pneumonia from it.  

I rang my mum last week to say we might have had it because from end of October through December I had a constant cough, high temperature and had days written off due to sleeping 20 hours a time with no explanation. GP said chest and lungs were clear and that was that. My mum then had similar albeit not as long (still 6 weeks worth) just after Christmas.

Absolutely no way of knowing and it's hard to see a way out without an idea of who's had or not. 

• Paid Members

While it doesn't give a full figure, I don't know how intentional it is - those kind of figures and tests are going to be slower to identify and collate. With the hospitals, they have the records there and then. 

I've been accepted as an NHS volunteer and have downloaded the GoodSAM app but can't make head nor tail of it. It says I'm a volunteer on there and gives the option to switch to 'on duty' but I just see a map with people on who seem to be volunteers themselves. It gives the option to buzz or dismiss them.

Anyone else done this and know how to use it? I also only selected to be a volunteer available for phone calls initially but am now able to pick up people's shopping. Dunno if I can change that.

BBC 'reporters' all over the fucking place. Rules not apply to them eh? One prick was just stood outside St. Thomas' Hospital & that cunt Kunsberg appeared outside Parliament for no apparent reason. Utterly pointless. Presumably those took a minimum of 3 people, including sound & camera.

• Paid Members

State of this.

Now that he's gone after 2% of those that earn £1m+ per year, I look forward to see him go after the remaining 98% and turn that into a PR victory for him too, especially all his rich fucking Tory pals hiding their money in tax havens. Yep, I'm sure that will happen. All whilst overlooking the main issue that none of this would be necessary if the NHS was properly funded in the first place.

My employer wants to Furlough me.  As I explained before I am classified as High Risk (Type One Diabetic). They and I fear this means I could get it and pass it onto a kid with a very compromised immune system

The NHS, does not put high risk  into.the Isolation Letter bracket, which I understand.

Problem is that my employer is a publicly funded charity which means, according to them, that the company does not qualify for Furlough.

They are on my side and wish to lodge some form of appeal and requested that I look into the Isolation Letter. I spoke to my Diabetic consultant who said best course of action was to call my medical practice.  My GP called me back, understood my position and accepted why I called (NHS Scotland COVID-19 advice specifies not to call your GP). Bottom line though is that I don't qualify for the letter.

Don't know where this is going as though my service is all but shut some staff have been temporarily allocated elsewhere. I trust them but there seems to be a chance that as of Monday; when a fortnights annual leave ended, I will not be paid.

I have freinds and family who may be able to help.  Furthermore I have a roof over my head and good physical health so I feel guilty about stressing as it makes me feel guilty and is fucking fuelling my anxiety.

If anyone has any suggestions or are in a similar position then would they, or anyone  have advice

Thanks 

If you are a high risk then you can in theory be signed off for 12 weeks (well self isolate). I'm not sure what sick pay you are entitled too and I know to your employees it may come across as an obvious way to get around this but those who are high risk are advised to self isolate. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

My employer wants to Furlough me.  As I explained before I am classified as High Risk (Type One Diabetic). They and I fear this means I could get it and pass it onto a kid with a very compromised immune system

The NHS, does not put high risk  into.the Isolation Letter bracket, which I understand.

Problem is that my employer is a publicly funded charity which means, according to them, that the company does not qualify for Furlough.

They are on my side and wish to lodge some form of appeal and requested that I look into the Isolation Letter. I spoke to my Diabetic consultant who said best course of action was to call my medical practice.  My GP called me back, understood my position and accepted why I called (NHS Scotland COVID-19 advice specifies not to call your GP). Bottom line though is that I don't qualify for the letter.

Don't know where this is going as though my service is all but shut some staff have been temporarily allocated elsewhere. I trust them but there seems to be a chance that as of Monday; when a fortnights annual leave ended, I will not be paid.

I have freinds and family who may be able to help.  Furthermore I have a roof over my head and good physical health so I feel guilty about stressing as it makes me feel guilty and is fucking fuelling my anxiety.

If anyone has any suggestions or are in a similar position then would they, or anyone  have advice

Thanks 

Sorry to say this is where I’m at with my work. I have asthma in a social care setting with disabled adults only my work couldn’t give a shit and are currently trying to force me back to work regardless. They have refused to pay me will not furlough me. 

They want a shielding letter I can’t give them or a gp note I can’t get. 

Judging from the tone of the emails I believe they will attempt to fire me shortly. They so far have succeeded in forcing a type one diabetic and pregnant staff member back to work.

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Briefcase said:

If you are a high risk then you can in theory be signed off for 12 weeks (well self isolate). I'm not sure what sick pay you are entitled too and I know to your employees it may come across as an obvious way to get around this but those who are high risk are advised to self isolate. 

GPS have been told not to sign them , I have tried multiple times 

Edited by quote the raven