Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

I am properly shit at maths but just seen that of the number of people tested so far (and that we know of), just over 55,000 people tested positive, and of those that tested positive, 6,159 have died. So just over 10%. Is that right? 

So if you contract the virus you have a 1 in 10 chance of dying of it? That seems high.

Just now, SuperBacon said:

I am properly shit at maths but just seen that of the number of people tested so far (and that we know of), just over 55,000 people tested positive, and of those that tested positive, 6,159 have died. So just over 10%. Is that right? 

So if you contract the virus you have a 1 in 10 chance of dying of it? That seems high.

They’re only testing, or at least until recently, people admitted to hospital. Those tested have underlying health or wealth conditions so essentially most people who have it haven’t been tested and probably won’t. But most people will only have mild symptoms and be fine. 

Another thing to remember is that not all of these deaths are people dying OF the virus but include those dying WITH it. There are some critically ill/serious health conditions passing away that have been found to have the strain of Covid 19 but this has not been the cause of death. However they are in the stats as they are recorded as having it

6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

They’re only testing, or at least until recently, people admitted to hospital. Those tested have underlying health or wealth conditions so essentially most people who have it haven’t been tested and probably won’t. But most people will only have mild symptoms and be fine. 

Cheers.

So it's a bit like how AEW viewing figures are calculated? Massaged numbers?

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Those people getting tested are the ones who are the most serious cases which is only a fraction of the amount of people who have it in total. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Those people getting tested are the ones who are the most serious cases which is only a fraction of the amount of people who have it in total. 

That’s right unless you deemed vital to the country ie boris or front line nhs the only way to get tested is to get admitted into hospital. 

They have no idea how many have been infected  

32 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

That’s right unless you deemed vital to the country ie cunt or front line nhs

Front line NHS aren't being tested, that's one of the major issues everyone has.  They should have been among the first to be tested but the government have made such a shit show of the whole thing.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Front line NHS aren't being tested, that's one of the major issues everyone has.  They should have been among the first to be tested but the government have made such a shit show of the whole thing.

I thought thats what the drive though tests where?

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

They're limited in numbers. They should've been done first thing, it's shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

Yeah there are not enough being done agreed but my statement was unless you are front line NHS staff (IE getting it done via drive though) or as you put it a cunt, the only way to get tested is to get admitted. 

Which in turn makes the real percentage of infection vs death an unknown. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah I know, I said as much on the last page. Mind you, it isn’t as bad as Trump blaming inheriting faulty Covid 19 testing kits from the Obama administration. 

Trump will blame anyone at anytime to avoid any form of criticism. If the rumors are true that he just ignores all the advise from the medical teams and makes his own mind the US is in dire straights.

I believe he refused to take charge of the supply chain, and now each state is outbidding each other for medical supplies 

Edited by quote the raven