Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

It's also likely bullying tactics on their part. They'll know they can't fire you, but will make you think they will. It's obviously worked on 2 vulnerable employees already. 

Might be a good time to join a union. 

Yup the stave option and the threats are clearly an attempt to force me to quit. The union isn’t a bad shout 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Yup the stave option and the threats are clearly an attempt to force me to quit. The union isn’t a bad shout 

Most unions unfortunately won’t step in unless you were a member pre the situation you are in.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

If your self isolating as part of the high risk group(s) then I don't think you need a letter from your GP. 

Higher risk groups. The shielding notice only went to people at the tippy top of the group.

the at risk groups inc asthma, diabetes, the over 70s  pregnant, ect and we can’t get any form of note our workplaces are demanding.

i have linked them multiple times to the government guidelines. They simply reply your a key worker, doctors note or back to work 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Higher risk groups. The shielding notice only went to people at the tippy top of the group.

the at risk groups inc asthma, diabetes, the over 70s  pregnant, ect and we can’t get any form of note our workplaces are demanding.

i have linked them multiple times to the government guidelines. They simply reply your a key worker, doctors note or back to work 

Yeah you a right you probably won't be "suitable" for a shielding letter. Not unless you asthma is severe. Mind me asking have you had any exasperations that have required steroid treatment in the last 6 months?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

My employer wants to Furlough me.  As I explained before I am classified as High Risk (Type One Diabetic). They and I fear this means I could get it and pass it onto a kid with a very compromised immune system

The NHS, does not put high risk  into.the Isolation Letter bracket, which I understand.

Problem is that my employer is a publicly funded charity which means, according to them, that the company does not qualify for Furlough.

They are on my side and wish to lodge some form of appeal and requested that I look into the Isolation Letter. I spoke to my Diabetic consultant who said best course of action was to call my medical practice.  My GP called me back, understood my position and accepted why I called (NHS Scotland COVID-19 advice specifies not to call your GP). Bottom line though is that I don't qualify for the letter.

Don't know where this is going as though my service is all but shut some staff have been temporarily allocated elsewhere. I trust them but there seems to be a chance that as of Monday; when a fortnights annual leave ended, I will not be paid.

I have freinds and family who may be able to help.  Furthermore I have a roof over my head and good physical health so I feel guilty about stressing as it makes me feel guilty and is fucking fuelling my anxiety.

If anyone has any suggestions or are in a similar position then would they, or anyone  have advice

Thanks 

I'm type 2. A fortnight ago I got the a text from my GP while I was at work, told my manager as soon as it arrived and I got sent home immediately. The day after I got a letter from the Doctor to confirm what was in the text, along with another text. I think it's to do with how well you manage it. My glucose was through the roof (because I'd not looked into my Diabetes sooner) which made me high risk. Mine said if your HbA1c is between 42-70 it's not too bad. Mine was 108 at the time. Still a massive oversight by the Government if they have decided to not include charities in the Furlough scheme.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Solicitor it is then 

That is the stance with my union, who I don't think are particularly good to be honest, but others may have different rules and regs, so I would approach them first, but definetly nothing wrong with engaging a solicitor if you think that's a better option.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, ElCece said:

Yeah you a right you probably won't be "suitable" for a shielding letter. Not unless you asthma is severe. Mind me asking have you had any exasperations that have required steroid treatment in the last 6 months?

Yup Jan. They are saying unless my meds are double the strength or my last admisson was in a 12 month period no dice (last was 3 years ago) 

Funny enough i was off sick in Jan for two weeks work know all about it 

Edited by quote the raven

Traffic on the roads is twice what it was yesterday.  Just popped to the edge of the road and people are streaming into the park.

I wonder how many people will die in 2 weeks because every fucker is clearly going to break curfew this weekend.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

So MPs have been told they can claim expenses for additional costs such as buying equipment and furniture for their office staff who are now having to work at home. It's actual expenses only, everything has to be itemised, and there's an absolute limit of £10,000.

Or in social media land, "MPS ARE GIVING THEMSELVES TEN GRAND EACH WHILE OUR NURSES DIE."