Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

I think it says a lot about the world we live in. Facts don’t matter anymore. Their top guy is on camera saying the whole thing is a hoax, or the flu, or getting tests that don’t work from a time when the virus didn’t exist. And our top guy boasting how he went to hospital and shook hands with everyone so don’t worry.  And this is all recorded evidence!

If Johnson does survive, I’d love to see him being held to account for how badly he has fucked this up and how his advice/guidelines/requests/instructions or whatever they’re called today have lead to people dying, but he won’t. He will stumble over his words deliberately, praise the people who he voted to deny funding and pay rises to and pricks will be all “Good old Boris” and it’ll all be forgotten. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

FB_IMG_1586281042411.jpg

Quiet afternoon in the office? If I thought it would have the Larry David social effect of the MAGA hat, I would get that printed on some t-shirts tomorrow. Social distancing is still a struggle around here

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Cheers.

So it's a bit like how AEW viewing figures are calculated? Massaged numbers?

The government outsourced the stats side of things to some American consultant firm, Steiner & Steiner. 

They claim to have a customer satisfaction rate of 141 & 2/3 %. 

The numbers of dead that are shared don’t count the residents who die in care because they are only suspected covid we have had 12 die this week alone all from suspected covid and another 9 end of life but because of no testing they won’t be added to the figures 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Jacko said:

The numbers of dead that are shared don’t count the residents who die in care because they are only suspected covid we have had 12 die this week alone all from suspected covid and another 9 end of life but because of no testing they won’t be added to the figures 

I hadn't even thought of that. That's horrendous. Hope you're doing okay (physically and emotionally) if you're around them often.