Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

No, it's perfectly fine. 

It's also fine if people think less of those that do. 

Ironically, this is the kind of libertarian thought process that Boris Johnson would love. 

20 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

If you want him to live and he resumes his position as PM, there's a very high probability that he'll continue as he was previously and cause more suffering. Are you OK with that?

My general rule of thumb is that I don't wish death on anyone, and the day we recognise that wishing death on someone is "perfectly fine" is the day that cunts like Johnson win.

We're better than that. I'd hope, anyway.

27 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

If you want him to live and he resumes his position as PM, there's a very high probability that he'll continue as he was previously and cause more suffering. Are you OK with that?

Governments have been fucking people over for hundreds of years. If it's not Johnson, it'll be some other arsehole. You're naive if you believe any different.

Again, I'm not the type to deem it "perfectly fine" to want anyone to die. I think it takes a particular type of bitter, twisted, horrible cunt to actively think it's acceptable to wish death on someone. It says more about them than it does the person suffering from illness.

Just now, David said:

Governments have been fucking people over for hundreds of years. If it's not Johnson, it'll be some other arsehole. You're naive if you believe any different.

Again, I'm not the type to deem it "perfectly fine" to want anyone to die. I think it takes a particular type of bitter, twisted, horrible cunt to actively think it's acceptable to wish death on someone. It says more about them than it does the person suffering from illness.

Never said I did.

You still haven't answered my question. Stop deflecting.

Just now, Steve Justice said:

You still haven't answered my question. Stop deflecting.

Your question is stupid. I can still be critical of Johnson, and critical of his government without wanting the stupid cunt to die a horrible death. I want him stopped by way of the ballot box, like every other compassionate person.

I sincerely hope he returns to health. And that the British people as a whole see enough sense to vote him and his party out of office at the earliest convenience.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Your question is stupid. I can still be critical of Johnson, and critical of his government without wanting the stupid cunt to die a horrible death. I want him stopped by way of the ballot box, like every other compassionate person.

I sincerely hope he returns to health. And that the British people as a whole see enough sense to vote him and his party out of office at the earliest convenience.

It really, really isn't a stupid question.

So until he's voted out, you're OK with him returning to power and causing more suffering? Or do you think it would be better if it ended now?

I can't believe that a few weeks ago we was all talking about 'being kind', that on the top of this forum there are some lovely tributes to a poster who sadly passed away & then we have people wishing Boris was dead in this thread. 

Quite poor really, whatever our personal views we are better than this. 

Just now, Steve Justice said:

It really, really isn't a stupid question.

So until he's voted out, you're OK with him returning to power and causing more suffering? Or do you think it would be better if it ended now?

Are you seriously going down the route of "if you want him to live, you must be okay with him causing suffering to hundreds of thousands of innocent people"? I think you need to open a window and get some fresh air.

As I said earlier, it wouldn't "end now" with him dying. You said you realised that? If Johnson is removed, they'll just slide some other cunt into his place to continue the pain and suffering.

The only way to change any of that is via the ballot box.

I'll reiterate my point from earlier. I don't wish death on anyone, be it Boris Johnson or anyone else. And I certainly don't deem it "perfectly fine" to do so. 

• Paid Members

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-derbyshire-52198488

A town mayor has apologised for saying Prime Minister Boris Johnson "completely deserves this" after he was admitted to intensive care .

Sheila Oakes, a Labour councillor and mayor of Heanor, in Derbyshire, made the comments below a Facebook post about the news.

back tracked quickly on that 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I can't believe that a few weeks ago we was all talking about 'being kind', that on the top of this forum there are some lovely tributes to a poster who sadly passed away & then we have people wishing Boris was dead in this thread. 

Quite poor really, whatever our personal views we are better than this. 

Christopher Au was a widely liked and popular member of several communities who never had a bad word to say about anyone.

Boris Johnson is a proven racist, transphobe and homophobe who has actively backed legislation that makes the lives of people of various minority groups appreciably harder.

Needless to say your comparison is completely ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Are you seriously going down the route of "if you want him to live, you must be okay with him causing suffering to hundreds of thousands of innocent people"? I think you need to open a window and get some fresh air.

I asked a question, I didn't make any statement or make any accusation. My question was 'are you OK with it'.

So, are you?

As I said earlier, it wouldn't "end now" with him dying. You said you realised that? If Johnson is removed, they'll just slide some other cunt into his place to continue the pain and suffering.

Of course there's no guarantee it will end now. It would end Johnson now though, which would be a really good thing. And there's no guarantee that whoever replaces him would be better, worse or the same, but what we do know is that it definitely won't be Johnson. If he is replaced by someone just as reprehensible, or worse, then quite frankly they can drop dead too.

The only way to change any of that is via the ballot box.

A lot of people are very likely to suffer between now and then, be it his politicking or awful comments that promote and incite hatred across various communities.

I'll reiterate my point from earlier. I don't wish death on anyone, be it Boris Johnson or anyone else.

That's cool with me, and I understand your position.

And I certainly don't deem it "perfectly fine" to do so. 

It is though.