Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Pier Six Brawler said:

I think if Boris goes, it's time to get serious. Coalition "wartime" government, rationing, martial law, no more pussyfooting around with people being given "stern reprimands" for having barbecues in the park or birthday parties with friends and family in attendance.

Thanks for that Alf Garnett.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, quote the raven said:

This virus does not give two shits who you are. Hopefully he pulls though, we as a country are already struggling without losing our pm. 

If Charles had have infected the queen this week could have been catastrophic 

The idiot openly admitted to shaking hands with infected patients. Told us not to worry. Then herd immunity, then the science changed and then lock down. I hope he pulls through, but he’s been a silly little boy

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Why not?

If it gets to the point of being on a ventilator and/or being sedated, you can recover/survive but still have long term or permanent loss of lung capacity along with cognitive problems that require ongoing therapy. There's a very good chance that he makes a recovery but won't be fit enough to return to being PM for the foreseeable future.

I detest some of his political views however a man is in intensive care and his pregnant fiance has the virus.

That is fucking horrific so I can't bring myself to do anything other than wish all three of them a full and speedy recovery.

All of this "aye but" debate is going to achieve is start the usual "would you say that if it was the Pope, Queen, Jeremy, Keir, Celtic manager, Rangers manager etc etc etc ad fucking nauseam" pish

25 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

All of this "aye but" debate is going to achieve is start the usual "would you say that if it was the Pope, Queen, Jeremy, Keir, Celtic manager, Rangers manager etc etc etc ad fucking nauseam" pish

There's generally lots of hypocrisy on wishing death on people, or celebrating when people die. For example Tony Blair was quick to criticise people celebrating Maggie Thatcher's death, yet he seems to have forgotten two years earlier he wrote an article crowing about the death of Osama bin Laden.

Come on, wishing death on anyone during this, is beneath us.  Let’s try and maintain basic human decency even if you loathe the chap and have valid reasons for doing so.

• Paid Members

People have the right to not care in the slightest what happens to Boris Johnson due to his appalling record and remarks in his past, especially those aimed across the LGBTQ spectrum and against numerous racial minorities.

It should also be pointed out that it's likely him that's passed this virus on to his pregnant wife, which is another black mark against his name.

Edited by Devon Malcolm