Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

2 hours ago, KingofSports said:

Tiger covid. The alleged mugshot of the tiger concerned, as shown on the BBC, is in fact a fake. In order to prevent cat-shaming, its true identity has to be preserved.

If that fake tiger accepted remuneration, in any form, for his compliance, then fuck that stripey nonce.

I bet it's got something to do with Carole Baskin, the bitch. 

• Paid Members

now we have Boris Johnson in hospital, and no matter our personal feelings on his run as PM (I am sure no-one wishes him more ill), do we think when he recovers, we will see a change with his handling of it, or do you think it will be business as usual for him?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I genuinely can't bring myself to wish genuine harm on anyone who hasn't nonced but as far as dangerous racists who fall ill go Boris Johnson falls comfortably in to my 'don't give a fuck' pile.

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Bet the kids he denies and the mothers he paid hush money to do.  I do as well, I hope he actually catches the virus.

You know this would lead to Dominic Raab in charge right?

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You know this would lead to Dominic Raab in charge right?

Don’t think it would be any worse. Johnson said he was in a hospital shaking hands with everyone a month or so ago. Fuck him. 

I think he’s a figurehead as opposed to a leader anyway. The public love him but he doesn’t do anything in the day to day running. 

but yeah hope he dies tbh

My mother phoned for her daily phonecall and said that Boris (first name!!!!!) has the virus and didn't pick up on my sarcastic sympathy, stating that it has been hard for him shaking hands, ignoring advice and failing to provide adequate funding despite warnings. Fingers crossed he doesn't succumb to this virus as it would only make him a martyr.

Trying not to derail this into Tories are cunts part 2 but it's hard....

• Paid Members

Dead Johnson doesn't mean Raab automatically becomes PM. He's only "in charge" at the moment because Johnson nominated him to do so and his title of "First Secretary of State" doesn't have any legal meaning. (Neither does Deputy Prime Minister when there is one.)

If Johnson died, the official position is the Queen appoints a successor (and there's no such thing as an 'interim' PM.) She'd want it to be the Conservative leader, so there'd be very strong pressure for senior Tories to pick somebody, start the formal leadership process, and make damn sure there was only one candidate so it could be wrapped up in a matter of hours.

If you had multiple candidates or any sign of people jockeying for votes in these circumstances they'd be public enemy number one, so my best guess is you'd probably have a secret Cabinet vote to pick somebody as the "only candidate".

Normally the existing PM doesn't resign until a new one is ready to take over, but there's no formal time limit on how long you can go without one, even after a death. (There's always a gap of a half-hour or so when there's a change.)

Edited by JNLister