Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 7, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 7, 2020 Thought this was nice. Quote
MPDTT Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 9 hours ago, Pier Six Brawler said: I think if Boris goes, it's time to get serious. Coalition "wartime" government, rationing, martial law, no more pussyfooting around with people being given "stern reprimands" for having barbecues in the park or birthday parties with friends and family in attendance. I don't think a coalition is necessary or even a possibility, the government has a stonking majority. News of the Prime Ministers move to ICU really hit me hard last night - my hopes and prayers go out to him and Carrie. Just knowing the head of the government is in such a precarious position because of this virus will, I hope, finally convince the remaining idiots who've held out to finally observe social distancing and stay at home. I just wish Michael Gove was in temporary charge instead of Dominic Raab - and that it is indeed temporary and Boris Johnson makes a full recovery and returns to government as soon as possible. Quote
kev2050 Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 There's an awful lof of unnecessary hate in this thread. Quote
Joe Blog Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 I don't hate Gove, merely making an observation. Quote
Max Power Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 1 hour ago, johnnyboy said: I agree in principle, but there's still a fairly large gap between not caring about him and those actively celebrating that he's getting tubed up. 55 years old is a hell of a time to find out that your actions have consequences for the first time. Also, for anyone actually hoping he dies just ponder that he'll be mythologised by a certain demographic so be careful what you wish for. If people do hope that he dies a slow agonising death then they always have the option of keeping that to themselves too. Bingo. I think the man is an absolute cunt, but I don't want him to die. Quote
Steve Justice Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 If you don't want him to die, that's perfectly fine. It's also perfectly fine if you do. People mythologise him now, it will make no difference if he's dead. Really this is no different to the 'Thatchers still dead' brigade. 'Taken too soon' is a phrase often used when people die. As far as I'm concerned, some people just aren't taken soon enough. Quote
David Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 6 minutes ago, Steve Justice said: If you don't want him to die, that's perfectly fine. It's also perfectly fine if you do. I'm not sure that wishing death on someone will ever be considered "perfectly fine." It says a bit more about the person wishing it than the person dying. Quote
Steve Justice Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 1 minute ago, David said: I'm not sure that wishing death on someone will ever be considered "perfectly fine." It says a bit more about the person wishing it than the person dying. No, it's perfectly fine. It's also fine if people think less of those that do. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 Lad in work has been off for a week with the symptoms. He come back in today, still displaying the symptoms. I can't fucking cope. He's on full pay too. The office policy is meant to be close down for a day whilst it's deep cleaned, they just quietly sent him home after a couple of hours. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted April 7, 2020 Paid Members Posted April 7, 2020 In other “employers are cunts” news, a friend of mine who works as a HR adviser is getting pressured into accepting being furloughed, but then still carrying out her duties, and being told that, “it will show employees’ true colours” if they “continue to help the company on their own time”. Furious doesn’t even begin to cover it. Told her to start preparing a CV because the only “true colours” that have been shown are that of her employer and its higher-ups’ attitudes. Quote
Steve Justice Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 In "employers are not cunts" news, all but me and the MD will be put on furlough as of next week. The company is paying the 20% difference, and have asked me to limit their access to emails so they can't respond to clients etc. or be tempted to work whilst on furlough. We're not a big company, and they're under no obligation to pay the 20%. The money they'll be saving on the 80% will be used for our usual freelance team to help them keep their heads above water. Quote
Factotum Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 The problem with this Government is everyone is so fucking inept, because all the adults and experience left when Johnson took over. That is why we now have one of the worst cabinets for a long time who look utterly clueless because they're not up for the job. Raab is a nutter who looks like he masturbates with sandpaper. Quote
MrK Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 54 minutes ago, Steve Justice said: No, it's perfectly fine. It's also fine if people think less of those that do. I’m fine with you thinking this. I don’t necessarily agree. But that’s fine too. Quote
Vamp Posted April 7, 2020 Posted April 7, 2020 A colleague passed away late last week. She was suspected of having the virus, it didn't go away, she got diagnosed something else (that isn't fatal) and passed away a day or so later. My manager handled it appallingly. Doesn't help that we were kept open far longer than we should have been. They were also going to shut our quietest branches and leave the busiest branches open, thus funneling everybody to places that were already too busy. It's hard to tell if they were stupid or evil. Currently I've volunteered to be redeployed to a call centre calling vulnerable people and finding out how we can help them. Even then, one of the supervisors argued that it people were shielding they should be isolating from their family and therefore the family can go out and get food and they won't need our service, no mention of the fact that some of these people will be single parents with children, or whole families living in 1 bedroom flats. I'm hanging around because I'm helping some people now and I know the job market will be shit when this all blows over but like fuck am I staying here. I don't want to speculate about the death of a colleague but it's hard not to. It could very well have been their negligence that made her sick. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.