Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

1 hour ago, David said:

I'm not sure that wishing death on someone will ever be considered "perfectly fine." It says a bit more about the person wishing it than the person dying.

There is a world of difference between wishing, hoping and not caring. In personal life I think Johnson is a reprehensible piece of shit. In professional life I think he is a reprehensible piece of shit. I’m sure it’s a horrible time for those who are his loved ones but I think the world is better off without him. 

There is a Labour MP in ICU as well. Not sure how those tasked with running the country can do so in isolation, there must be a lot of fear among them and the civil service. 

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

There is a world of difference between wishing, hoping and not caring. In personal life I think Johnson is a reprehensible piece of shit. In professional life I think he is a reprehensible piece of shit. I’m sure it’s a horrible time for those who are his loved ones but I think the world is better off without him.

Regardless, it's not "perfectly fine" to want him to die. Obviously, people can want him to die, but it says more about them than anything else really. It's certainly not "perfectly fine."

For me, and this is just my personal view, not wishing ill will or even death on people is what sets the good guys apart from the likes of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

He's a knob, his track record and actions are well known. But I'd like to think that most of us are a few levels above people like him, and as such we would not stoop to such a low level.

Johnson is a liar, a hypocrite and a narcissist but I don’t want him to die from this.

He deserves to be found out for his lies, sure. But I sincerely hope he pulls through.

If your life has been affected negatively by Tory policies, or if you’ve see a loved one or neighbour suffer because of them I can understand the emotional reaction.

But I think you have to take a step back for a second. There’s a difference between ignorance and evil. I don’t think it’s fine to wish death on the guy. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Steve Justice said:

People mythologise him now, it will make no difference if he's dead. Really this is no different to the 'Thatchers still dead' brigade. 

Yes it will.

If Johnson dies from the virus. He'll be spoken of like he was Winston Churchill. The real person will be forgotten and replaced by the brave leader who sacrificed his life for us. They'll tie his life so closely to the virus that any criticism of him will be taken as a criticism of the NHS. Just like how any criticism of Churchill is seen as an attack on ordinary WW2 veterans. If you hate him now imagine when he's on bank notes?

Most importantly, the Tories will exploit that to retain power for the foreseeable future. Fuck that.

That aside, I honestly hope he recovers just because, as awful as he is, he's still a human being and i don't wish that on anybody. Hopefully the experience will teach him to be better man.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Regardless, it's not "perfectly fine" to want him to die. Obviously, people can want him to die, but it says more about them than anything else really. It's certainly not "perfectly fine."

For me, and this is just my personal view, not wishing ill will or even death on people is what sets the good guys apart from the likes of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson.

I think this is for another thread to be honest, and I’m not comparing like for like, but that’s the kind of stuff you see being shared by people who share if you want Lee Rigbys killers to suffer types. 
And yes, there are people I admire who people hope or hoped they die and I’m not going to complain when they do it because I can understand. 

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

I think this is for another thread to be honest, and I’m not comparing like for like, but that’s the kind of stuff you see being shared by people who share if you want Lee Rigbys killers to suffer types. 
And yes, there are people I admire who people hope or hoped they die and I’m not going to complain when they do it because I can understand. 

To be honest, it was @Steve Justice I quoted, because he believes it's "perfectly fine," which it isn't. It's awful and says a lot more about the person involved than it does Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. He's a cunt, we've always known that. But I like to think the majority are better than that.

Wishing ill-will on those who double-post is perfectly fine, mind you. I apologise. 

5 minutes ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

My local paper have just promoted "Clap For Boris" tonight on their Facebook page. "Time to put politics aside and support our leader who is doing everything he can for us" one commenter said.

I don't wish him dead but you can fuck right off.

I do worry that this situation will make people forget how poor the Tory response has been to this situation, and that their cuts have left the NHS woefully unprepared for such a crisis. Even with Johnson himself, you feel like you’re getting a lot of half-truths from their press office regarding his well-being.

3 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I do worry that this situation will make people forget how poor the Tory response has been to this situation, and that their cuts have left the NHS woefully unprepared for such a crisis. Even with Johnson himself, you feel like you’re getting a lot of half-truths from their press office regarding his well-being.

Nothing will change. A Tory MP could walk up to a Tory supporter, shoot dead one of their family, and the Tory supporter would still say "Jolly good, suppose it had to be done".

Probably best for the Tory thread tbh. Sorry.

30 minutes ago, David said:

To be honest, it was @Steve Justice I quoted, because he believes it's "perfectly fine," which it isn't. It's awful and says a lot more about the person involved than it does Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. He's a cunt, we've always known that. But I like to think the majority are better than that.

Wishing ill-will on those who double-post is perfectly fine, mind you. I apologise. 

Yes it is. 

I'm not bothered in the slightest what your or anyone else's interpretation of me is based on this mindset.

It's bad enough that people like Boris Johnson exist. It's worse when these people are put in positions of power, because they are then the cause of peoples suffering and in some circumstances, death. Because of the position he is now in, he'll never answer or pay for that. Him ceasing to exist is the best outcome.

If you want him to live and he resumes his position as PM, there's a very high probability that he'll continue as he was previously and cause more suffering. Are you OK with that?