Just had the call from our lad's school to confirm whether we'd be sending him back when they open on June 2nd. They're operating on split classes, half going Monday/Tuesday and half Thursday/Friday with a deep clean on Wednesday. Maximum of ten children per class, isolated desks, new books and stationery for each child, lunch served at his desk, lots of outside time with staggered breaks and playground split into zones to make distancing easier to monitor for staff... And yet I'm still hoping my council will decide to stay closed.
They've left it to us to decide. What they're doing sounds great and very reassuring, and I have every confidence in the staff because it's a really good school, but still not sure if it's worth risking at this stage.
Any other parents going through this right now?