Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

So until he's voted out, you're OK with him returning to power and causing more suffering? Or do you think it would be better if it ended now?

Now they call me red Phil. I've been left wing since I was old enough to hold a political opinion and I will be until I die.

No one is ok with it, but as often happens in a democracy, people you don't like win. I'd like to think we live in a civilised democracy but I do understand that for you the veneer of that civilisation is only as thin as the toilet paper you would happily kick Boris Johnson in the face to get. Would him dying change anything politically? No because the Tories would still have a massive majority and be able to do whatever they like. It might even be worse because Lord Voldermort might be the next PM and Raab has no soul at all. 

So what it comes down to is that you are hoping that a man with a lot, but indeterminate number of children dies because you don't like his politics. Have a fucking word with yourself and go back to shitting while performing a triple salko. 

3 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Now they call me red Phil. I've been left wing since I was old enough to hold a political opinion and I will be until I die.

No one is ok with it, but as often happens in a democracy, people you don't like win. I'd like to think we live in a civilised democracy but I do understand that for you the veneer of that civilisation is only as thin as the toilet paper you would happily kick Boris Johnson in the face to get. Would him dying change anything politically? No because the Tories would still have a massive majority and be able to do whatever they like. It might even be worse because Lord Voldermort might be the next PM and Raab has no soul at all. 

So what it comes down to is that you are hoping that a man with a lot, but indeterminate number of children dies because you don't like his politics. Have a fucking word with yourself and go back to shitting while performing a triple salko. 

Boris Johnson is a proven racist, transphobe and homophobe who has actively backed legislation that makes the lives of people of various minority groups appreciably harder.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, MPDTT said:

Just knowing the head of the government is in such a precarious position because of this virus will, I hope, finally convince the remaining idiots who've held out to finally observe social distancing and stay at home.

Hopefully more convincing than the head of government was when he needed to be. Hopefully more convincing than what he actually said and did. Hopefully more convincing than the contradictory and confusing advice he and his government actually gave.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I don't know where the personal shots at Steve Justice have come from in this thread but it's not a question really of 'not liking his politics'. Boris Johnson isn't Gary from across the road who doesn't like people coming over here and taking our jobs. Boris Johnson has been an active politician for decades who has held numerous positions of influence and power in the media too. He has personally participated in the drawing up and implementation of legislation that is discriminatory against minorities in this country.

I personally wouldn't wish him dead even though I think he's an awful human being and complete idiot but I absolute wouldn't begrudge anyone feeling that way about him.

4 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't know where the personal shots at Steve Justice have come from in this thread but it's not a question really of 'not liking his politics'. Boris Johnson isn't Gary from across the road who doesn't like people coming over here and taking our jobs. Boris Johnson has been an active politician for decades who has held numerous positions of influence and power in the media too. He has personally participated in the drawing up and implementation of legislation that is discriminatory against minorities in this country.

I personally wouldn't wish him dead even though I think he's an awful human being and complete idiot but I absolute wouldn't begrudge anyone feeling that way about him.

I resent this.

• Paid Members

tenor.gif

Make no mistakes, Boris is truly an awful person. A cunt. However, I do hope he pulls through. If only so the Tories don't use his death and the tears of his family to paint him as some brave demi-god so they may thrive for another decade. Dominic Raab is probably working on a DNR as I type.

6 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't know where the personal shots at Steve Justice have come from in this thread

They've come from me considering people who deem it "perfectly fine" to wish death upon someone by way of COVID-19 to be nasty, horrible cunts. It's that simple.

I'm of the belief that once we start to lose the common decency that sets people like us apart from the scumbags like Boris Johnson, we're edging closer to the type of world that the Boris Johnson's and Donald Trump's want to create.

Thankfully we've seen more good from people than bad of late.