Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Loki said:

HR do not exist to protect staff, they exist to protect companies.

Exactly, everyone should do very well to remember this. They're there to make sure companies jump through the right hoops to avoid employment tribunals and such. They're the opposite to a Union. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Exactly, everyone should do very well to remember this. They're there to make sure companies jump through the right hoops to avoid employment tribunals and such. They're the opposite to a Union. 

This all over. HR have been utterly ruthless as my previous posts have shown. They are quite prepared to put their at risk staff in harms way while they work from home.  

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The name alone should give it away. Human resources. You are the same thing as printer ink and staples to the company.

As one, I genuinely don't believe HR professionals get into the profession because they see people as tools. HR professionals (at least the good ones) choose the career because they are fascinated about how people can achieve extraordinary results if we recruit the right people and get the mix of culture, training, engagement and management skill right.

But it is true that successful HR leaders are highly commercial and focus on delivering desirable business outcomes, through our people - who for the majority of organisations are the source of our competitive advantage.

I, like thousands of my peers, are working with our leadership teams now on how we can manage costs while protecting as many jobs as possible - none of us got into this profession because we want to make people redundant and ruin lives.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

As one, I genuinely don't believe HR professionals get into the profession because they see people as tools. HR professionals (at least the good ones) choose the career because they are fascinated about how people can achieve extraordinary results if we recruit the right people and get the mix of culture, training, engagement and management skill right.

But it is true that successful HR leaders are highly commercial and focus on delivering desirable business outcomes, through our people - who for the majority of organisations are the source of our competitive advantage.

I, like thousands of my peers, are working with our leadership teams now on how we can manage costs while protecting as many jobs as possible - none of us got into this profession because we want to make people redundant and ruin lives.

Can I have a job when this is over.

My hr seem to be the polar opposite. They seem to revel in ruining/risking lives 

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

Great to see Steve Hedley suspended. Vile individual representing a cuntish organisation. He must be sacked and made an example of.

You are a Tory, you are a poster boy for cuntish organisations. Proud of how Patel conducted herself yesterday? 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

When I started one new job I asked about a union and was told by HR "we don't like unions, they tend to make things difficult for us". 

When I started my current job it was unofficial widely considered that being part of a union would prevent any progression and would see people cut out until they left themselves. I've also heard people have been paid to leave because they can't fire them but just don't want them about. 

MPDTT.

Thoughts on Patel? As requested earlier in this thread.

Thoughts on her number crunching?

Edit: Plus one here for the HR slating. 99% of HR are complete cunts, who basically shit on the workforce.

Edited by Max Power

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

You are a Tory, you are a poster boy for cuntish organisations. Proud of how Patel conducted herself yesterday? 

Patal made a utter mess of it yesterday. Confronted with a difficult question she flapped and gave a shitty answer it’s quite simple. 

She came across as heartless and insensitive. I would expect her to be off tv for the foreseeable. 

Can we atleast try to not tie all Tory voters into the same bunch. Or if that’s not possible I believe the thread all tories are cunts is still active. 

Edited by quote the raven

4 hours ago, MPDTT said:

None of this weightless corporate speak changes the fact that HR exist to protect the company from its employees and not vica versa.   No employee should ever trust the word of an HR representative when dealing with a sensitive workplace issue.  You do not pay their wages, the company does.

If you DO have an issue with a manager or other employee, document everything ruthlessly, get everything in writing.  Make sure you understand your rights in law and ignore anything suggested by HR outside of that.  They will tick boxes to mitigate potential legal exposure for the company but they will NEVER be on your side.

30 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Can we atleast try to not tie all Tory voters into the same bunch. Or if that’s not possible I believe the thread all tories are cunts is still active. 

No. It’s time to own the consequences of your vote. If you voted for the party in charge of the country, you are responsible for allowing them to literally let people die. If you think you made a mistake, own it and apologise. If you continue to vote for them, fuck you.